Re: [AT&T] AT&T refusing to send me a sim card for my nexus 4

how is straight talk these days?

halfempty
join:2001-04-28
Miami, FL

halfempty

said by jchambers28:

how is straight talk these days?

ST is fine for most tech savvy users that don't stream a lot. They are specifying 2.5GB these days, but they also state that they can throttle/terminate if your usage impacts the network. They don't seem to be as heavy handed with the throttling as they were in the past, but I wouldn't trust them too far. They still have some of the worst customer service reps in the industry.

I use them and I'm satisfied, but I don't stream, use less than a gig a month, and handle my own problem solving. Would not recommend them to heavy data users or anyone who might have to rely on their tech support.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

I need atleast 3GB of data I have no tmobile coverage.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to jchambers28

Premium Member

to jchambers28
I bought a net10 sim kit from best buy for 14.95. My daughters S3 runs on ATT LTE and 2.5 gigs included for $45 with autopay. I've considered switching from the death star myself as there haven't been any issues.

Hagar
join:2004-10-31
Sunnyvale, CA

Hagar to jchambers28

to jchambers28
3GB on AT&T network without paying a lot is difficult.

1) Straight talk and get usage down to 2.5GB
2) Straight talk + small tablet plan from AT&T or Verizon
3) Phone and text only + big tablet plan from AT&T or Verizion

Does t-mobile give you voice coverage so you can use t-mobile for voice and text? Tablet plans often allow tethering good for option 3.

I used option 2 and a 1GB Verizon tablet plan not for more data but to not rely on a single carrier for connectivity. I like Verizon since they do not have automatic overage charge.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

voice quality on tmobile here sucks choppy voice calls and alot of dropped calls.
dont have a tablet either.