uniqs

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

AMD FirePro S10000 12GB !!!

»preview.tinyurl.com/n47dm3s

Since they mention the 6GB model is $3000... I highly doubt my next build will include either

Serious card...and I wonder the heat and PWR it draws... !

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

So does the Quadro K6000
»www.nvidia.com/object/qu ··· pus.html

I'd bet I could get a k6000 for about 5grand or so, I'd have to check on contracts.

Jan Janowski
Premium Member
join:2000-06-18
Waynesville, NC
·Carolina Mountai..
Synology RT2600ac
Linksys E2000

Jan Janowski

Premium Member

I Prefer NVIDIA Cuda Processors, Thank You!

And here I was just dreaming about the Cuda Processing Power of the Quadro 5000?

DROOL!!!

Either would probably do better in a PCIE X3 slot..... and my motherboard is only X1.5 So I'd be better off staying where I am (Quadro FX4800) or start looking for ~10K$ or more for a new system......

But if I win the Lottery................................... !

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386 to cableties

to cableties

Re: AMD FirePro S10000 12GB !!!

said by cableties:

Serious card...and I wonder the heat and PWR it draws... !

The funny thing is they don't draw nearly as much power as you'd think. In the "Quick Specs" for the Quadro K6000 it lists 225W! With my GTX780 all I do is play Warcraft, crunch spreadsheets, and type out lengthy emails. Know what I'd do with one of these cards?? Play WoW, work on spreadsheets, and answer email

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to cableties

to cableties
Looks a bit strange to me:
a) all heatsinks and heat pipes, but no visible fan
b) only one DVI and one (presumably) DP out?!
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

It's designed to be passively cooled in a 2U server or similar. The W-series are more for workstation usage.

»www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/ ··· ics.aspx

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Jan Janowski

Premium Member

to Jan Janowski

Re: I Prefer NVIDIA Cuda Processors, Thank You!

said by Jan Janowski:

And here I was just dreaming about the Cuda Processing Power of the Quadro 5000?

And here I'm still dreaming about one day building a external quad SLI setup that would enable 4 slots at 16x 3.0 then put in 4x K6000's with a quadro sync card and SLI bridges.

add in a QPI link from mother board to the expansion board and a 2nd south bridge on the expansion board with maybe some other extras. Also toss on a triple 2560x1600 monitor setup with card 1&2 running monitor 1 and card 3 on monitor 2 and card 4 on monitor 3, ordered such that the middle monitor would have 2 video cards running it and the side monitors would each have one, so even non-SLI capable games would benefit.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

said by Jan Janowski:

And here I'm still dreaming about one day building a external quad SLI setup that would enable 4 slots at 16x 3.0 then put in 4x K6000's with a quadro sync card and SLI bridges.

add in a QPI link from mother board to the expansion board and a 2nd south bridge on the expansion board with maybe some other extras. Also toss on a triple 2560x1600 monitor setup with card 1&2 running monitor 1 and card 3 on monitor 2 and card 4 on monitor 3, ordered such that the middle monitor would have 2 video cards running it and the side monitors would each have one, so even non-SLI capable games would benefit.

I cringe at what the electric bill would cost with all of that. I personally still use the same card I had back in 2011, and while it would be nice to upgrade, for the amount and purpose I use it for, it would be silly.