kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink
reply to thestealth

[Environmental] Re: Cleaning a heavy smoker's house

At one time my Brother In Law owned Service Master Franchises. They have a process to remove smoke odors. Step 1 is misting the interior of the home with a proprietary vapor. In extreme cases where soot is present they wipe down walls and ceilings with treated pads. I saw an example when I rode with him while he inspected various jobs. The process worked.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
said by Mr Matt:

At one time my Brother In Law owned Service Master Franchises. They have a process to remove smoke odors. Step 1 is misting the interior of the home with a proprietary vapor. In extreme cases where soot is present they wipe down walls and ceilings with treated pads. I saw an example when I rode with him while he inspected various jobs. The process worked.

I lived in an apartment for a short time. I remember seeing a crew cleaning the apartment next door after it was vacated by a smoker. They used the methods you describe. They routinely re-carpeted after each tentant moved out anyway, so it was a pretty thorough remediation. You couldn't tell a smoker had lived there let alone even been in the apartment at all.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...