spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ydoucare
join:2003-03-12
Lafayette, IN

ydoucare

Actiontec FV2200 - bridge mode?

Just got 12/2 service installed here, and they gave me an Actiontec FV2200. How in the world do I set this up in bridge mode so I can pass the public IP address to my DD-WRT router? I couldn't find a manual for it anywhere (they didn't leave anything with me).

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

1 edit

Hank

Premium Member

This modem is for bonded service, I do not believe you are going to be able to bridge it to your WRT because the bonding is process in this router/modem. I looked for a manual also and could not find one, even on the Actiontec site. Maybe someone has a copy they can share.
ydoucare
Lafayette, IN

ydoucare

said by Hank:

This modem is for bonded service, I do not believe you are going to be able to bridge it to your WRT because the bonding is process in this router/modem. I looked for a manual also and could not find one, even on the Actiontec site. Maybe someone has a copy they can share.

Ah, makes sense. I ended up just disabling most of the functionality of the Actiontec and setting a static WAN IP on my DD-WRT router in the same subnet as the LAN ports on the Actiontec, then just put it in the DMZ. Seems to work fine this way with port forwarding, UPnP, etc on the DD-WRT box.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-22
Atlanta

acadiel to ydoucare

Premium Member

to ydoucare
I have the bonded 24/2 on a Zyxel, and I was able to put it in bridge mode.

Not sure about the Actiontec though.
ydoucare
Lafayette, IN

2 edits

ydoucare

said by acadiel:

I have the bonded 24/2 on a Zyxel, and I was able to put it in bridge mode.

Not sure about the Actiontec though.

Seems to work fine by just putting my router in the DMZ (double NAT), but the only thing I can't get working is OpenVPN. PPTP VPN server works fine, but can't get OpenVPN going (clients time-out). I'm only assuming that this setup might be the culprit.

Looks like under "WAN IP settings" under Advanced, you set the mode to "Transparent Bridging" then just plug the router into the WAN port and setup PPPoE. I tried this originally but couldn't get it to work. Actiontec says to unplug the modem for a while and make sure the Internet light is off...guess that's the next step.