Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle to HarryH3

Premium Member

to HarryH3

Re: Time for rate hikes again

And that's why I buy my hardware, and attempt to stay away from STBs.

Jowmu, higher programming costs account for broadband price increases while they start charging overages at the same time? Also, all your bills might be going up, but my rent bills has stay'd the same for 5 years, my water is the same, my insurance has gone DOWN, grocery bill is the same I've budgeted for the last 5 years also. Only thing going up is my cable and Obamacare. This thread doesn't have a damn thing to do with evil companies or getting anything for free. It's about the ridiculousness of having AT LEAST 1 rate hike a year for the same service while both income & revenue rise 8-10% a year. Show me a cable company that has NOT increased income year over year and has NOT lost subs for the same time frame, but still issues a 8-10% price increase. THAT is when you have rising costs of doing business. Revenue and income rising at the same rate just indicate the "bills" are the same, lol. It's also frustrating that despite being profitable year after year, we can't get that capitol invested into just a bit more upload bandwidth >. But this could easily spiral so far off topic I'll just stop it here, lol
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3

Premium Member

said by moldypickle:

And that's why I buy my hardware, and attempt to stay away from STBs.

Same here. My modem became "free" a few months ago. We only have one STB.