Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to mityfowl

MVM

to mityfowl

Re: Smoke detectors - hardwired

Yeap, I read those already -- if my issue is truly an end-of-life warning, I shouldn't complain. Maybe some of the people complaining at Amazon shouldn't either.

I saw one person who "fixed" this by removing AC power and battery, holding a button in for "x" seconds, then re-connecting. I wonder if what they in fact did was reset the 10-year warning signal ???

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

I've been looking at this unit from Lowes:

»www.lowes.com/pd_429793- ··· =4113870

I bought my house in November 2012. It's 1985 construction and I bought it from a woman who was in her 90's. So, I have no idea how old the smoke detectors are, as everything else I asked her about ended up being wrong (because I think she just couldn't remember).

So, I am going to replace the three units in my house because I have no clue as to their age. I pulled one down and couldn't see anything that would give me an indication.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall
said by Hall:

I saw one person who "fixed" this by removing AC power and battery, holding a button in for "x" seconds, then re-connecting. I wonder if what they in fact did was reset the 10-year warning signal ???

I tried that.

It didn't work here.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall
said by Hall:

Yeap, I read those already -- if my issue is truly an end-of-life warning, I shouldn't complain. Maybe some of the people complaining at Amazon shouldn't either.

Your issue is end of life.