Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

Stay safe everyone...

hopefully we won't have another tornado after Ill.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

We've lost power for about 30 minutes, and since then have been experiencing lots of wind gusts. Should be interesting come daylight.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to CylonRed

We had the worst blow through about 9 pm. Horizontal rain, strong, sustained winds, nearly zero visibility ( I couldn't see the fence along the back of my property... about 130' feet away... with the spotlights on my rear eaves lit up.)

On another note, it got dead calm after the big blow... but just recently, within the last few minutes, it started blowing like hell again. Odd... in that I can see the full moon through breaks in the clouds. I'm hoping that it did a number on the leaves that remain on the trees so I can make an end of leaf cleanup this fall after it dries out a few days. No loss of power, and other than the noise of the wind, no noticeable damage locally.
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to CylonRed

Not sure around us - wind blew hard and we had 2 bands of storms come thru but it look like north of us and south (Mason/Middletown area) got it the worst. A friend was driving home from somewhere (they live in Forest Ridge- Huber Heights area) and they saw a tornado. I know the news at about 6 was going to show a funnel cloud and what they showed as a tornado...
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

They cancelled all the tornado warnings/watches before anything blew in here last night. The straight-line winds were pretty strong, but, really, lasted only a few minutes... maybe 20-30 minutes. That storm blew through here hard and fast. We've got sunshine, with just a few high, wispy clouds this morning. The leaf problem I anticipated from last night isn't near as bad as I thought it would be.
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!