Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

adamtech78

join:2006-01-25
Chicago, IL

1 edit

Need a new Help Desk solution

Hi. We are using track-it right now however want to move to a new solution.

Requirements:
- Integrate with AD. Newly created staff members have a login in the help desk system.
- Integrate with AD. Ticket created by a staff member routed to a predefined support member (based on creator's AD info; assigned group)
- Canned responses for basic tickets
- Ticket updates: When a ticket is being worked on, updated, switched to another team member end user receives email

What do you guys use?
I've used solar winds web help desk and it's horrible.

AsherN
Premium
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

Depends on how many features you want. We use OSTicket. Open source, lots of mods available, including LDAP integration.

And it's free.

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to adamtech78

how about spiceworks?

it has been a while since i have used it, i don't know if it does all that you need it to do, but worth checking it out.

huntermcdole
Premium
join:2005-08-01
Tucson, AZ

Another vote for spiceworks, I used it in my previous job but I liked it back then (2007ish)

exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3

SysAid for our non-profits.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to adamtech78

Another spiceworks vote.

It fulfills all your requirements and its free.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to adamtech78

zendesk

PToN
Premium
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX
reply to adamtech78

The only thing about spiceworks is that it is Windows only... Not that there are no windows servers, but i would rather to run these sort of web apps in Linux, rather than windows.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by PToN:

The only thing about spiceworks is that it is Windows only... Not that there are no windows servers, but i would rather to run these sort of web apps in Linux, rather than windows.

Nothing wrong with a personal preference thats for sure. We have a mix of Linux and Windows servers in our environment, and we don't have issues with any of them. Our Spiceworks server (yes, we dedicated one to it) gets rebooted once a month for patching and updates. Spiceworks is solid and never has an issue, even in our VM environment.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
reply to adamtech78

i just heard that we might start using nable for patching, reporting, etc... and they have a helpdesk solution coming in mid 2014 (solar winds bought them).

we were told that this is the ticketing system that nable (ncentral) would absorb

»www.solarwinds.com/solutions/it-···esk.aspx

is that what the solar winds system you used looked like?

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to adamtech78

said by Nightfall:

Another spiceworks vote.

It fulfills all your requirements and its free.

I might be one of the anti-Spiceworks votes. I find the interface to be cumbersome, cludgy and extremely slow to navigate when you're an efficiency oriented person or department and the software isn't very configurable. It is reliable though as far as uptime.

OSTicket is pretty good, highly configurable and easy to setup. It's uptime is also reliable.

Easy to try both out though since they're free...