uniqs

MaxGrit
Premium Member
join:2013-11-16
United State

MaxGrit

Premium Member

Razor Naga 2014

I hooked up this mouse today. Very impressed with the 12 side buttons. It's definitely useful outside of MMOs.

Very useful for surfing the web after some customizations.

For instance I mapped Copy Paste Cut onto 1 2 3 so that I wouldn't have to use keyboard shortcut for them. A lot more convenient.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

It'd be cool if there was a CAD (computer aided drafting) version of this type of mouse...
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune to MaxGrit

Premium Member

to MaxGrit
A coworker of mine has a Logitech G15 keyboard and the Razer Naga mouse. He said he didn't use the extra buttons/features much in games, so he brought both of them to work. He's found more uses for the buttons there than in his games .

DeadSurvivor
Actor (The Asylum / Mill Creek Ent.)
Premium Member
join:2013-09-03
Tampa, FL

DeadSurvivor to MaxGrit

Premium Member

to MaxGrit
I Have Six Buttons On My Mouse ... I Doubt I'd Be Able To Handle More Than That Whether Surfing The Internet Or Playing Some MMOs. Heh, I Think I Got Slow Fingers.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3

Premium Member

said by DeadSurvivor:

I Have Six Buttons On My Mouse ... I Doubt I'd Be Able To Handle More Than That Whether Surfing The Internet Or Playing Some MMOs. Heh, I Think I Got Slow Fingers.

Perhaps you could program one of them to disable the shift key?

DeadSurvivor
Actor (The Asylum / Mill Creek Ent.)
Premium Member
join:2013-09-03
Tampa, FL

DeadSurvivor to MaxGrit

Premium Member

to MaxGrit
Yeah, My Lazyness Holds Me Back From Loading Software For Peripherals Unless The Peripheral Doesn't Work ... Then I'll Need To Set Things Up.

MaxGrit
Premium Member
join:2013-11-16
United State

MaxGrit

Premium Member

You wouldn't think so, but the 12 thumb buttons are very good to have. They are microswitches. You can even macro using them.

Lets just say I am very impressed. One thing is they need to have a repeat if held down for mapped mouse function .

Good ergonomics too. It allows me to adjust the way I hold the mouse without losing any functionality. Really cuts down on the cramps and palm numbness from holding pressure on the same spot for too long. Currently I can use the mouse fully by moving my fingers while keeping my wrist and forearm straight and resting on the mat (an ergonomic memory foam mouse pad that's forward slopped).

Then if I want I can hold the mouse normally under my palm for a while. Prevents RSI because you can use different techniques for interacting with the mouse.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to Thordrune

Premium Member

to Thordrune
Well, I remember learning CAD on digitizers with multi button pucks, very efficient, don't understand why that was abandoned. I even had a digitizer way back when with a four button puck. Summagraphics.