MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

2 edits

telcodad to mountlaurel

MVM

to mountlaurel

Re: [Content] Fox Sports 2

According to the latest posts on the Comcast Support forum about this (»forums.comcast.com/t5/Ch ··· 5#M41218 ), Comcast will be adding the Fox Sports 2 channel to their lineup, but when that will actually be is not clear yet.

In the meantime, Comcast subscribers can access FS2 programming via an iPad or on the web by using the Fox Sports Go app:

quote:
I just downloaded the Fox Sports Go app on my iPad (FSGO). I put in my xfinity login info and now I can watch all the fox sports content on my ipad. Fox Sports 2 is on the app. It's weird. I can watch the live games broadcasted on Fox Sports 2 with my xfinity account.
:
You can also watch from the web at »msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

EDIT: Oh well, from the latest posts on that thread now, it looks like the iPad app access is not working/provided now: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Ch ··· 5#M41377

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Holy hell. They're right. This worked over the weekend (saw the same thread).

That's next to pathetic. The punches just keep coming.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

The latest post, from Ted Hodgins (aka "ComcastTeds"), on the Comcast Support forum about this:

quote:
Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

I'm telling you - something is up. They won't make a single comment about channel adds.

They just redid a huge contract with Fox. There's absolutely no way that FS2 was not a part of that.