how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Psu85

join:2013-11-19
Duncansville, PA

ABB Altoona Pa adding new HD channels

I received a letter about a week ago which stated that they will be adding new HD channels in early 2014.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
In my experience here in Cumberland, letters get sent out well after the fact. Here in 2012 and 2013, they had announced after the fact that they had added HD channels. 2012's were supposed to be there January 1st, they turned up in the guide on Christmas Eve. In 2013, they turned up in Feburary or so. Each time here, 12 HD channels were added.

The only way I found out about them is that they turned up in the guide. I'd check that everyday, and you'll probably be surprised at some point in December.

Whenever you know what channels are being added, post them here. It is pathetic that markets as large as Altoona and Johnstown have not yet hit 50 HD channels.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Psu85
In doing some research, tvguide.com usually has the most updated guides for Atlantic Broadband. In pulling up Altoona, I noticed that ION, PBS World and C-SPAN 2 had been moved into the 100's in the digital tier. This temporary relocation is what happened when Clearfield went all digital.

Atlantic Broadband has set up a website called Get Digital, but this only shows information from Clearfield, who went all digital in August/September, and for Shippenville in Clarion County. There is no information for Altoona/Johnstown, but I think it's very possible they're going all digital.

This will mean Value customers will need digital transport adapters (DTA's). Basic is remaining analog for now it seems. This means for now local channels must remain unencrypted per FCC order.