Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Koil

Re: Elder Scrolls Online : Beta Invite received

said by Koil:

I'm out of the starter zone....aside from a few hiccups it's been decent. Lots of ppl on

Agreed. I'm having fun. They did a good job of preserving the feel of Elder Scrolls IMO.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
My daughter is hogging the gaming PC and I have to rake leaves, but when I peek over her shoulder I like what I see, but I'm just glancing at the graphics and not the game play.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

gaforces
United We Stand, Divided We Fall

join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Better be a high-res texture pack. Pity it will probably look on par with Mass Effect 1 (2007 / Xbox 360 graphics).

Locked at 1024x768? hrm might be my new receiver hdmi switching. Seems to be upscaling, doesn't look too bad.
--
Let them eat FIBER!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
I can set 2560x1440 in-game (it defaulted to it).

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Krisnatharok
Fun... Robot Unicorn Attack is fun. Is it good?
--
DSLRs number 1 Diablo 3 revival fan.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Koil
Before the last boot for maint the voices all sounded like siri, very robotic. =)

So far still my biggest complaint is the collision system when attacking something, it just doesn't react right, it's quite distracting to me.

Sadly, to me, this feels like RIFT, and don't see it keeping my interest for long. It LOOKS amazing, and the character movements are nice, but there's just something missing that is the "Gotta get this!!!" part.

kcrupp

join:2002-02-11
Allen Park, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to Koil
Well, I have played quite a bit of it today and I must say, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Amazing graphics for a MMOLG, The questing is fun, and they do seem to roll the feel of past Elder Scrolls games into it. I have no intention of paying 15 bucks a month for it, but, it has me thinking about it.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Savious
said by Savious:

Fun... Robot Unicorn Attack is fun.

No, it wasn't.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Savious
said by Savious:

Is it good?

I gotta say I was completely surprised. The gameplay videos I saw earlier in the year made it look like shitty execution for a simple money grab.

This... is much closer to the ideal of a Skyrim MMO. I gotta say I love the 10 or so hours I've put into it so far.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
Where would you put it compared to... WoW, SWToR, Rift and GW2?
--

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
said by Savious:

Where would you put it compared to... WoW, SWToR, Rift and GW2?

I would say that I am in with Kris. If I went off the gameplay videos before, I thought it was a money grab. This game is much closer to Skyrim MMO. I put in only about 6 hours into it, but I like it so far.

As to what I am comparing it to, thats hard to determine. The problem is that I have played all those games and only 6 hours in I can't say its like any of them other than the general premise. Quest, get loot, level up, etc. I have yet to get into PVP or the lore of the game much. That is what I liked about WoW was the storyline. What I liked about SWToR was the voice acting and not having to read everything.

After this latest beta period, I can say that this is on my list to purchase and play for a couple months at least. After that, we will see if it keeps my interest.

I know people are all anal about spending money like that, but this is the way I figure it....

I bought Battlefield 4 for $100 with the premium pack. I have already dumped 50+ hours into it. Thats $2 an hour for entertainment and I am far from done with that game.

If i put $80 into Elder Scrolls for 2 months and play that for 50 hours, I will have made a good investment. That is why I don't get all fed up with paying $15 a month for WoW. So long as I was playing 10-20 hours a month, I was getting my moneys worth.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Koil
My feelings are the complete opposite. This game feels nothing like Skyrim. Not even close. After logging nearly 200 hours in Skyrim over this last summer, I get no feeling of these being similar. To be honest, the gameplay feels like WoW to me.

The game is alright. Graphics look nice in certain areas, other areas they look bad. I'm sure they might adjust those some though. The music is awesome. I love every bit of it I've heard so far. I do like how they did the UI (or lack of) there basically isn't any UI at all.

In the end, It'll be a typical MMO grind fest.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to Koil
I've had a blast playing it...I enjoy it thus far and think the gameplay is decently well done. I'm just towards the end of the starting zone I think (level4) and have had fun doing so.

My problem here is that they're not really bringing anything new to the table, it doesn't feel like, except the IP itself, right....its Elder Scrolls...but ONLINE!

I don't know that that's enough, especially to charge $60 for purchase and $15(!)/mo for sub...there are a few other titles out there that are f2p/micro that can fill the gap quite nicely, that do just as much if not more than ESO does, and not charge so much for it.

Now, evidently this is going to be on PS3/4 so they'll be releasing a large IP onto the console masses...there aren't too many of those, I guess, and maybe thats where the think they'll make their bread and butter, but even doing that....that means that some are going to be paying the sony online monthly sub, the purchase price for ESO and then the monthly sub for that...Not sure the wisdom there.

Anyway...I said it would take a LOT to get me back to a game with a monthly sub, and while I've had a good time thus far, I don't know that it's enough to pull me in, especially with so many other things on the horizon. Go F2P in some form, and yeah, I'm all over it...but nothing drastic enough here to pull me back to the sub model.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Will the ESO playstation universe be shared with the PC one? I didn't realize this was going onto consoles as well...
--

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
It looks like they'll be seperate:

»www.polygon.com/2013/6/12/442149···-players

Zenimax Online's upcoming multi-platform MMO The Elder Scrolls Online will segregate PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users to their own servers, while PC and Mac users will remain on a single shared server, the studio's Paul Sage told Polygon.

Sage, who works as creative director on the studio's MMO offering, stated that despite recently announcing the title would hit both next-gen platforms as well as Windows PC and Mac, the game will feature three separate server environments to ensure fairness in PvP across all systems as those on PC and Mac will use a mouse and keyboard while console users will have only a controller.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Well, I think I have given ESO as much time as I could. Took about ten hours to be within striking distance of level 7.

Really enjoyable experience, and a pleasant surprise contrary to the bad rep I had heard about before then.

This is definitely one I am keeping on my radar, and will participate in any future betas they send my way.

For the un-initiated, think about a cross between Rift and GW2, but with Skyrim and a little bit of Tera mechanics.
--

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Koil
I played for a little while longer this morning. The more I play it, the more it's growing on me.

Lois_Ant

join:2013-11-23
Hasty, AR
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Will the ESO playstation universe be shared with the PC one? I didn't realize this was going onto consoles as wel

It should be!

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Koil
Okay....that second zone is gorgeous with all the huge mushrooms and random creatures. Wow. I take that back what I said earlier about not feeling like Skyrim. Some elements of it feel like it, for sure.

The first Beta was 3 hours long, and I think I got to play a total of 1 1/2 hours. So I never got a good feel of the game.

This time was much longer and the game ran 100% better. I'm impressed. I can't wait to see how the dungeons and raids get implemented.

So far....thumbs up from me.

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
Yeah, I enjoyed that area, too...although I chose to defend the docks, and there was like zero challenge to it. Plus, I hate quests that are named "Find so-and-so", but when I get there I don't even know where they are, but it auto completes and puts me to the next step....feel like I missed something.

Anyway, I think the game will do fine, it needs some more polish, but has great potential.

I'll play out the beta's, but I still don't think I'd buy it and pay a sub for it. (I made sure to say so on their exit survey, as well)
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Koil
I sure would like to give this game a whorl. I have lots of stuff in playing right now, PoE, BF4, occasional SC2 customs and I'm waiting on Reaper of Souls in March.

But none of those games fill the WoW void that lays deep in my heart.
--

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
Have you checked out Rift? It's been a long time since I played, but it had similarities to WoW, but skills trees were deeper. Might want to take a peek at it.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Koil
After this beta weekend, I will definitely be buying this game and will be paying for a sub for a few months. I just don't know how long I will be subbing. WoW kept my interest for so long for a variety of reasons. The potential is in this game, but I have no idea if it will be around for the long haul.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Koil
said by Koil:

Have you checked out Rift? It's been a long time since I played, but it had similarities to WoW, but skills trees were deeper. Might want to take a peek at it.

One thing I really liked about ESO--skill trees aren't trees, and you can opt to dump your skill points into upgrading armor, weapons, or your class-based abilities.
--

primeomega

join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI
reply to Koil
I see no pretty pix going up - what gives?

We need eye candy!

cat666

join:2013-04-26
said by primeomega:

We need eye candy!

It's under a NDA.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to primeomega
said by primeomega:

We need eye candy!

More than a few people blatantly violated the NDA and streamed to Twitch. If you do some research you can see it.

I won't upload anything as I really would like to participate in future betas (your email address is watermarked across the screen), and I am really happy with being surprised about how the game is progressing.
--

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Koil
I was invited this week-end but was unable to play at all. I hope that doesn't cause me to be uninvited next time. Sucks I missed it.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Koil
I don't know if you guys got a chance to play around with the character emotes in this game, but they put WoW, GW2, etc. to shame. There was so many fuckin' emotes I couldn't even keep track. /Sitchair was down right funny, in that your character actually pulls out a chair and sits down. I was standing in the middle of the snowy forest, pulled out a chair and sat down haha. Here's a list from back in Sept. There might even be more now...

/angry
/cuckoo
/handtoheart
/pointdown
/situps
/annoyed
/curtsey
/headache
/pointleft
/sleep
/applaud
/dance
/headscratch
/pointright
/stagger
/approve
/dancedrunk
/heartbroken
/pointup
/stop
/armscrossed
/disapprove
/hello
/poke
/stretch
/beckon
/disgust
/huh
/pour
/surprised
/beg
/dismiss
/humble
/pray
/surrender
/beggar
/doom
/impatient
/preen
/tap
/bestowblessing
/downcast
/jumpingjacks
/push
/taunt
/bless
/drink
/kiss
/pushup
/thank
/blowkiss
/drum
/kneel
/pushups
/thanks
/boo
/drunk
/kneelpray
/rally
/thankyou
/bored
/dustoff
/knock
/ritual
/threaten
/bow
/eat
/kowtow
/rubhands
/thumbsdown
/breathless
/exasperated
/laugh
/rude
/thumbsup
/brushoff
/facepalm
/leanback
/saluteloop
/tilt
/bucketsplash
/faint
/leanside
/scared
/torch
/celebrate
/fistpump
/leaveme
/scratch
/touch
/cheer
/flirt
/lol
/search
/twiddle
/clap
/flute
/lute
/shakefist
/wagfinger
/cold
/followme
/me
/shh
/wand
/come
/goaway
/no
/shieldeyes
/wave
/comehere
/grats
/nod
/shout
/welcome
/confused
/greet
/overhere
/shovel
/whisper
/congrats
/hail
/payme
/shrug
/whistle
/congratulate
/hammer
/phew
/sick
/write
/controlrod
/hammerlow
/playdead
/sigh
/yawn
/cower
/hammerwall
/point
/sit
/yes
/crouch
/handsonhips
/pointback
/sitchair
/you
/cry

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Damn I wish I saw this earlier. The most I did was /lute and /drum.