All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Millenium
join:2013-10-30

Millenium to antdude

to antdude

Re: Smart TV from LG phones home with user's viewing habits, USB file names

The Samsungs have a camera and microphones, voice and facial recognition software too.

We have smart phones and On-Star to track everywhere we go. We've got the Xbox One and Smart TVs recording us in our homes. We have set-top boxes in the works to do the same, if not already. What next?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

1 edit

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Smart electric meters, which have also been raised as a security/privacy concern.

After that? Probably the toilet.
Millenium

Millenium

Real time cloud based waste analysis providing us with immediate diet and medical advice. Woohoo!! Can't wait!

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

1 recommendation

Ian1

Premium Member

Not to mention, any suspicious drug or alcohol activity sent to law enforcement, and your company's HR dept. and insurance Co.

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

Already the toilet: »nautil.us/blog/drug-user ··· tell-all
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by BronsCon:

said by PX Eliezer1:

Already the toilet: »nautil.us/blog/drug-user ··· tell-all

Geez. The ingenuity of humans.

Thank you.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Millenium

Premium Member

to Millenium
said by Millenium:

The Samsungs have a camera and microphones, voice and facial recognition software too.

No, I have a Samsung Smart TV but it does not have a camera or mike, or voice or facial recognition. It's connected to the internet (has a web browser and a lot of apps). I bought this LED in Sept 2011 and it was the first of the Samsung Smart TVs. So, I'm lucky as the TV is great, and I like some of the apps (like watching a lot of youtube videos through the youtube app on the TV), but since it is already at two years old which is "ancient" electronically, I don't have the privacy invading crap that is on the current models.

You can turn all that crap OFF easily. I would hate though to have to pay for a TV with all the crap on it just so I could then turn off the crap. I'm glad I bought mine when I did.
Millenium

Millenium

It's the newer Samsung models that include the "Smart Interaction" feature.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by Millenium:

It's the newer Samsung models that include the "Smart Interaction" feature.

No, you are wrong. I have Smart interaction feature! I simply refused to purchase a TV with a camera and mike.

(I also refused the picture in picture feature except on the Smart page where I hate it -talk about ultra distracting even with the sound muted).
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned) to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

Already happening »io9.com/5944501/toilet-t ··· ug-habit

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to Millenium

Premium Member

to Millenium
said by Millenium:

We have smart phones and On-Star to track everywhere we go. We've got the Xbox One and Smart TVs recording us in our homes. We have set-top boxes in the works to do the same, if not already. What next?

my car is a dumb car no onstar it's 03 it would be analog anyways if it did have onstar which is phased out all ready.
said by Blackbird:

I can see it now: a black box monitor on every toilet outlet, with wireless reporting. And NSA will tie into it, too...

they would be able to analyze your "leavings"
said by antdude:

My client's new Vizio 80" HDTV's wizard set up asked for the network, but it couldn't be skipped. I asked the Internet and Vizio's support on how to skip it. No one knows. It seems to be unskippable.

you can setup a fake router that goes nowhere. 127.0.0.1 aka loop back