Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to Charlie9611

MVM,

to Charlie9611

Re: Switching from Fios to Comcast

Will you be porting a phone number from Verizon to Comcast? Porting a number triggers a cancellation of at least the phone service. If your contract requires you to maintain a triply play package, it will be seen as a cancellation on the date the number is moved.

If that is the case, you may be able to have comcast delay the port or call in to start it on the 11th. Make sure to ask if there would be any extra fees involved though.

Charlie9611
@67.128.22.x

Charlie9611

Anon

I was going to port it, but figured if I did then it would trigger a cancellation. I don't need to keep the same #. Just want the home phone for emergencies. I don't have the greatest reception on my cell.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

If you just need a landline for emergencies, you are better off served by VOIP and go with the 2-play. That way you can keep your # or port it to GV. Obihai is a great adapter, and it supports a number of prepaid VOIP. I happily use Anveo, but there are many to choose from.

Your taxes for your phone will be more than doing prepaid, even if you use it a good deal.

That way in the future you can cancel or flip flop on a whim and not have to worry about porting or disruption in phone service. You simply hook your ATA (phone adapter) into the latest HSI connection and you are good.

Let us know how Comcast works out...

brak22
Premium Member
join:2006-04-13

brak22 to Charlie9611

Premium Member

to Charlie9611
The termination fee is prorated to $20 a month. If your port out would cause an ETF you would only pay $20.