spc
uniqs

hazy memory
@videotron.ca

hazy memory to resa1983

Anon

to resa1983

Re: ITMP undue preference complaint filed against Bell

Oh there were a few files on that, 2011-173, and some follow-ups to that 765 decision like, »crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2 ··· 0229.htm

But yeah, I saw Hivolt mention the "exclusives", thats why I chimed in that it was allowed. But it shouldn't cost less in terms of data costs. The financial ITMP was supposed to be uniform, not give an edge over whose content someone will watch.

BTW, Videotron does it more or less the same way.
»www.videotron.com/reside ··· t2240061

1) You have to buy a block of their Mobile-TV time at 10$ for 15-hrs per month (5-hrs are free per month). No clue how much data that is for a total of 20-hrs @10$.

2) The other block is 30-hrs for 15$/month (5 hrs are free).

If you surpass that time allocation in either package, they charge a flat rate of $1.50 per additional hour.

Again, I have no clue what usage this turns out to be.

If I use Videotrons mobile, would I pay 15$ if my kid watched 35-hrs of Netflix in a month?

On videotron it's 15$ for a 500-meg block.

So we have Bell, Rogers and Videotron doing it.

Anyone else?
bklass
Premium Member
join:2012-02-06
Canada

bklass

Premium Member

said by hazy memory :

So we have Bell, Rogers and Videotron doing it.

Thanks for pointing this out. FYI I have spoken to Telus Support's twitter who inform me that Optik TV app is subject to the standard cap. MTS does not have a mobile video app according to a recent conversation with their mall kiosk rep, for what that's worth. Seems like the vertically integrated companies are the ones who are doing it.