spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Brannon

@onavo.com

Internet with shaw

Hi guys, my name is Brannon. I'm a renting at a house that is running shaw cable Internet. I'm homestly not sure if there is anything about this service that I enjoy... Not only is the connection slow at best, but 3/4 of the time the Internet doesn't even work. Complete lack of access and terrible connection speeds for a high speed Internet package is a bit ridiculous. Not only have you cost me my money, but have simply not been supplying services you charge our household for. Absolutely unacceptable, worse than bell... And that's saying a lot.
I will neve use a shaw service again in my life, as well as recomend everyone I know to stay away from this company that practices nothing less than highway robbery.
Good luck to all you poor saps trying to he help from this far below par company, and enjoy being fed shit by the phone operators. I'll save you the 4 hours on hold... They tell you to unplug your model and plug it back in then hang up.
Rediculous, I hope you go bankrupt shaw.

Also pleas note this was written from a phone, go figure my Internet doesn't work... STILL

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

Did you try calling Shaw and complaining? Maybe it was something they could send a tech out to fix (bad wiring or something like that?)

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
reply to Brannon

Honestly, support on these forums seem to be tedious lately. Your best bet is to post on:

»community.shaw.ca/welcome

They seem to do a far better job at getting support.

Darhole
Premium
join:2005-06-14
Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 recommendation

said by rustydusty:

Honestly, support on these forums seem to be tedious lately. Your best bet is to post on:

Perhaps because certain individuals on both the Telus and Shaw forum have made the reps who did this voluntarily decide it wasn't worth the damn headache anymore. I've considered finding a new place to discuss and assist as well.

And in the meantime the mods keep deleting posts which contain 95% good information and 5% small jab directed at certain individuals. The quality of the forum has suffered greatly and will continue to until one of them steps up.

jtl999
CEO of Team Classified

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4

The Telus no-root passwords policy ticks me off. We should be able to modify devices we own we no corporate interference.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
reply to Brannon

Sorry to hear about the connection. Send me a message with your address, account number or your modems serial number and I'll run tests on our side to see what is going on.

Darhole
Premium
Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to jtl999

said by jtl999:

The Telus no-root passwords policy ticks me off. We should be able to modify devices we own we no corporate interference.

We used to provide advice here regarding setups and technical problems. Now every thread for over a month is pretty much ping tests and complaining about routing, things we don't have control over.

jtl999
CEO of Team Classified

In the GVRD

Ahh that. I miss those days. When I get my Telus 50mbps I will make a video showing the setup

kevinds

join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:2
reply to Darhole

said by Darhole:

We used to provide advice here regarding setups and technical problems.

There have been very few technical problems posted here anymore...
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Darhole
Premium
Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·TELUS

said by kevinds:

said by Darhole:

We used to provide advice here regarding setups and technical problems.

There have been very few technical problems posted here anymore...

The ones that have been seem to have been scared off for various reasons :/
Expand your moderator at work

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to Darhole

Re: Internet with shaw

said by Darhole:

said by jtl999:

We used to provide advice here regarding setups and technical problems. Now every thread for over a month is pretty much ping tests and complaining about routing, things we don't have control over.

There's one individual that comes to mind when I read that. He is still posting the same thing over and over. Makes me wonder if he sits there looking for something to complain about. Everytime I make a post for him to stop it gets deleted for whatever reasons the mods can muster at that point.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to Brannon

Ahhh, one post deleted already. This is pathetic, period.

Darhole
Premium
Edmonton, AB

pretty sure that was bucko spreading the big telecom hate, not related to this.

and yes, that individual, who may have actually been removed, we shall see

spock

join:2012-07-08
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to Darhole

said by Darhole:

said by rustydusty:

Perhaps because certain individuals on both the Telus and Shaw forum have made the reps who did this voluntarily decide it wasn't worth the damn headache anymore. I've considered finding a new place to discuss and assist as well.

And in the meantime the mods keep deleting posts which contain 95% good information and 5% small jab directed at certain individuals. The quality of the forum has suffered greatly and will continue to until one of them steps up.

+1 I agree with you 100%. I actually spent most of my time on another forum until I found the "block all messages" button and applied it to his profile.

Funny thing is I can now see all his messages again ever since his account was removed

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB

1 recommendation

reply to Brannon

Fingers crossed he doesn't come back. Maybe give both forums a chance to get back to real problems.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to Brannon

Please use proper grammar when insulting us, thanks!

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to rustydusty

said by rustydusty:

Ahhh, one post deleted already. This is pathetic, period.

Ya, that is the norm for these forums but much worse for certain sub-forums.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to Brannon

Well, the mods have finally came around and deleted HIS posts. Pat on the back for that.

corbin

join:2013-09-13

Speaking of getting back to helping people: Rustydusty - Did you get your modem sorted out?

jtl999
CEO of Team Classified

In the GVRD
reply to rustydusty

I liike how we aren't calling this person by name yet we all know who he is

corbin

join:2013-09-13

1 edit

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to corbin

said by corbin:

Speaking of getting back to helping people: Rustydusty - Did you get your modem sorted out?

»Motorola SB5102

All is well! A simple upgrade and modem swap turned into a fiasco. In the end it was completed and I'm thankful it's over with.

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2

The only fiasco I like is fiasco gelato. »www.fiascogelato.ca/

jtl999
CEO of Team Classified

In the GVRD

I thought this was spam for a sec but it looks yummy