spc
Search similar:

uniqs

imanogre
join:2005-11-29
Smyrna, GA

imanogre

[Plumbing] About to install the GF's new faucet

Hello everyone, I'm about to install a Moen 5995CSL faucet.

Linky:
»www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· F8&psc=1

So, my question is I've seen this done once before, and It seems fairly easy but other then plumber's tape on all connections, is there anything I can do to make sure this thing never leaks, or is installed properly..... or any gotchas that may come to bite me in the butt?

Thanks in advance.
zach3
Zach
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
Saint Louis, MO

zach3

Premium Member

[Plumbing] Re: About to install the GF's new faucet

Hire a Plumber!!!

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to imanogre

Premium Member

to imanogre
A job like that is normally pretty straightforward and shouldn't be a big problem. You mentioned plumbers tape, by which I'm assuming your meaning Teflon tape is definitely needed but the actual connection to the bottom of the faucet may be a compression fitting and if it is you shouldn't use Teflon tape but it!

cybersaga
join:2011-12-19
Selby, ON

cybersaga

Looking at the instructions from the Moen site, it looks pretty easy. No teflon tape needed at all. Looks like there's a quick connect fitting, and the water supply hoses usually have rubber washers in them, so you don't need anything there.

Looks like they made it very easy for a non-plumber to do. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine. Just make sure the connections are tight.

imanogre
join:2005-11-29
Smyrna, GA

imanogre

No tape needed.... sweet! Thanks.
imanogre

3 recommendations

imanogre

She was happy. Pics attached

RipTides
join:2002-05-25
Dallas, GA

RipTides to imanogre

to imanogre
Great job. Most sink fixtures have come down to..
if you can tighten a water hose.. you can install this!! ...

just did a sink for a niece at a house they recently moved into that another family member is renting to them and paid for some repairs, one being a new bathroom vanity/faucet. Took me all of 10min to throw the fixture together and mount the surface to the cabinet.

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins to imanogre

to imanogre
Always use teflon tape, no exceptions. I do this crap for a living, and the teflon tape ensures no leaking, and no worries.

shdesigns