bklass
Premium Member
join:2012-02-06
Canada

bklass to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues

Re: ITMP undue preference complaint filed against Bell

Thanks elwood. I believe that Bell could be doing better if they offered their services in a fair manner. What's good for consumers is good for the industry, you might say.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by bklass:

Thanks elwood. I believe that Bell could be doing better if they offered their services in a fair manner. What's good for consumers is good for the industry, you might say.

Unfortunately it will never happen,simply because successive governments have allowed this insane amount of concentration.

As Hivolt put above, they've painted themselves into a corner.
bklass
Premium Member
Canada

bklass

Premium Member

You may be interested in this comprehensive report from the Canadian Media Concentration Research Project. Disclaimer: I helped out with the research. It was presented at this week's IIC conference in Ottawa, contra to Jeffrey Church's nonsense about how we already have too much competition. »www.cmcrp.org/wp-content ··· ada2.pdf

hmm
@videotron.ca

hmm

Anon

said by bklass:

contra to Jeffrey Church's nonsense about how we already have too much competition. »www.cmcrp.org/wp-content ··· ada2.pdf

The Church report.. Was Church not paid by Rogers for that report? I think I recall reading that Rogers funded that report.

So if someone stuff's money in your wallet to write a report, how unbiased would that report be?

The Church report can't be taken at face value. "Nonsense" (as you stated) and "junk science" would best describe the Church report.
bklass
Premium Member
Canada

bklass

Premium Member

Ideology dressed up as science, I would say. It was a previous report that was commissioned by Rogers, I am uncertain of how this current report was funded. I have heard rumours in the academy that Church is known as a "heavily consulted" economist FWIW.