spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rescuerandy

join:2013-11-21
Purvis, MS

Purvis, MS (Brown's Bridge, Baker Rd, Purvis-Brooklyn Rd)

Is DSL now available in the Browns bridge rd/ baker rd/ purvis-Brooklyn area? 39475 zip code. 5-6 tan boxes (d-slam???) are new, and in place at the intersections of Purvis-Brooklyn & Baker Rd, as well as Browns Bridge @ I-59. How do I verify service? Or when it's available? Every time I call att the customer service reps don't know...

lostinms
Moo

join:2001-11-29
Grenada, MS

»www.att.com/shop/internet/intern···OIXMKGnj

you can go there and see buy clicking the big button that say "check availability"

rescuerandy

Purvis, MS

It says it's available, but when I call to sign up for service, the phone rep says it's not yet available...

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

said by rescuerandy:

It says it's available, but when I call to sign up for service, the phone rep says it's not yet available...

Have you tried continuing the on-line process and ordering the service on-line? That is what I have done for every new AT&T service I have ordered (DSL, POTS, and wireless), and it has always worked for me. The only time I had to get involved with a phone sales rep was when I ordered my second DSL circuit; I got a call back from a phone sales rep who wanted me to verify that I actually wanted to have two DSL circuits at the same address.

It is possible that what is actually offered at your location is U-verse and not standard DSL service, and if you specifically ask the phone sales rep for DSL service, that service shows as not available. When ordering on-line, it makes no difference if you start out asking for standard DSL or U-verse; the on-line process will check for what is actually available and you can sign up for it on-line.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

tel601

join:2005-08-11
Picayune, MS
reply to rescuerandy

They are VDSL vrad and ipdsl cabinets being installed in Hattiesburg and the surrounding areas. I work south of Purvis, and was told they are trying to get the Hattiesburg area green for uverse this coming year. When the cabinets are first put in they are put in a test loop and just have data looped through them for a period of time. If they pass then they can be released for service. The database for the addresses that can get service (Uverse Green database) tends to get updated first, with the actual ordering database getting updated at release time.

rescuerandy

Purvis, MS

Thanks! If you get more info please share. Thanks again!

ndt

join:2008-08-22
Picayune, MS
reply to tel601

tel601.Are they planning any thing like this for the Picayune/Carriere area ? I work out of the SLC at West Union and Reese Rd..

tel601

Picayune, MS

the system at reese rd and west union rd already has a vrad in it. It is a vdsl setup and has been running for about 2 years.

balonzo

join:2000-09-18
Carriere, MS

Any idea if there are plans to increase capacity? I just moved to Carriere and have been told there are no ports available. Charter's lines end about half a mile from my home so I am stuck on wireless.

tel601

Picayune, MS

no ports for adsl or uverse? Adsl is being stopped at some sites if uverse is there. I do not know if yours is one of them with out a better idea of your location.

balonzo

Carriere, MS

1 edit

No ports for adsl. They told me uverse is not available and did not know if it would be.

tel601

Picayune, MS

1 edit
reply to rescuerandy

Then you will work out of the hut on ----- lake rd just west of the entrance (not the dam side) to ----- lake subdivision. I think that site may be capped due to bandwidth exhaustion. No uverse system is there yet. I do not know if there is an engineering job to place one there or not, I have not talked to any of the engineers lately. I think they have been avoiding me.

balonzo

Carriere, MS

Thanks for the information. Hopefully we get uverse soon. I'm going through bandwidth withdrawals coming from Cox cable.

Saving Randy

@myvzw.com
reply to tel601

What are you talking about? There is not an Anchor Lake in the Purvis, MS area that I know of. Are you sure you are replying to the correct message?

ndt

Picayune, MS
reply to tel601

Thanks..

ndt

Picayune, MS
reply to Saving Randy

He answered you at the beginning of the thread.The other two answers he gave was for me and someone else.

oops..I replied to the wrong Randy,Sorry.