Search similar:

uniqs
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou

Rogers new "rewards" program

Got my invite to Rogers new rewards program -- »rogersfirstrewards.rogers.com

actually doesn't look too bad -- I will be averaging about 600 points a month, which is a free VOD film -- interestingly they have Internet tier upgrade rewards as well .. (Extreme plus to Ultimate for one month for 3000 points) even free channel packages (like TMN for 900 points a month)

But does anyone else think this is going to turn bad really quickly?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Of course it will. They'll undoubtedly charge you HST on any benefits from the program just like air miles.
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

Hooter to bdoyledimou

to bdoyledimou

Re: Rogers new "rewards" program

If you're a "Better Choice Bundles" package subscriber, read the fine print carefully before signing up for the rewards program:

Better Choice Bundles™ Customers. You acknowledge that if you currently participate in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program or other discount program, and you are otherwise eligible for the Program, you may enroll in the Program. However, you acknowledge and agree that once you enroll in the Program you will no longer be eligible for any Rogers Better Choice Bundles discount or other applicable discount, and such discount will automatically be discontinued for all Rogers services and accounts under your name as of the start of your next billing cycle. Once you have stopped participating in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program, you will not be able to re-enroll.

Big_Daddy
join:2008-01-10
hohoho

Big_Daddy to bdoyledimou

to bdoyledimou
Yeah I got an invite for that last July and according to them I have 0 points to redeem
Hooter
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

Unless you actually join the program, you will have 0 points to redeem. Why anyone would join this program in order to receive a deal that lasts no more than a month is beyond comprehension!
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by Hooter:

Unless you actually join the program, you will have 0 points to redeem. Why anyone would join this program in order to receive a deal that lasts no more than a month is beyond comprehension!

If you became a Rogers customer after the bundle discount was discontinued, the rogers reward program is better then nothing.
Hooter
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

I think I would prefer nothing than crap from Rogers!
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Lol, so then just don't redeem the points.
Hooter
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

Nope - you have to sign up for the program and I for one will not be stupid enough to do this! LOL!

Breadwinka
join:2008-06-08
Kitchener, ON

Breadwinka to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
Exactly and most promotions nowadays you forfeit the BCB for the length of the promotion.
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox

I didn't sign up for anything, but the email I got on the 19th says:

"Starting now, you will automatically earn points for every dollar you spend on eligible Rogers purchases!"

"As an eligible Rogers customer, you've just started earning points. See them online after your next bill."

So... doesn't look like I had to opt-in.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

It's not opt-in, it's automatic signup if you have a Rogers account. And I got nothing to redeem. Got unlimited cap on my internet on the highest tier, don't watch TV, don't have Rogers home phone etc.
Hooter
Scarborough, ON

2 edits

Hooter

Perhaps if you do not have the Better Choice Bundles discount, you are automatically enrolled, but if you do have the Better Choice Bundles discount, it is not automatic! On our Rogers account page, there is a link provided to sign up. When I click the link, I get the following message:

Our records indicate that you are enrolled in a Better Choice Bundles discount
Unfortunately, participation in the Rogers First Rewards loyalty program cannot be combined with the Better Choice Bundles™ discount. You can either continue to receive the Better Choice Bundles discount or enroll in the Rogers First Rewards loyalty program. If you would like to enroll in the Rogers First Rewards loyalty program, your Better Choice Bundles discount will be removed from your account at the end of your current bill cycle. You will start earning Rogers First Rewards points immediately.

Please note, once the Better Choice Bundles discount has been removed from your account we will not be able to re-apply it.

You’ll be eligible for other offers

If you choose to enroll in the Rogers First Rewards loyalty program you can still sign up for other promotional offers that will allow you to take advantage of monthly savings on your bill while earning points through the Rogers First Rewards loyalty program.

For more information on bundles that you may be eligible for while enrolled in the Rogers First Rewards loyalty program, visit Rogers.com/bundles.

By accepting the terms and conditions below, and proceeding to enroll in the Rogers First Rewards loyalty program, you agree to have your Better Choice Bundles discount removed from your account. You will continue to receive the discount until the end of your current bill cycle.

The keys words above are "if you choose to enroll". Anyway, I then have the option to either click on "cancel" or "enroll". I chose "cancel"!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to bdoyledimou

Premium Member

to bdoyledimou
If they've eliminated bundles,why are people are they selling "terms"

Oh wait, I see, you get a "whole" 20gb of data and a free netbox . Thieves.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to bdoyledimou

Premium Member

to bdoyledimou

There's also an interesting thing in the updated mobile app... you can "opt in" and get 1000 free points.

All it says in the app is to click to opt in.

But what am I opting into? There is obviously a catch, like submitting to tracking or some other shit. There is no info in the app or the website that I could find explaining it.
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree

I received an email with the 1000 free point offer. Although if you hover over the image, it says 1500 points. It also says 1500 points EVERYWHERE in the text version of the email.

Nice proofreading on the part of whoever sent this out!

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Here's what the app says...
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to HiVolt

to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

There's also an interesting thing in the updated mobile app... you can "opt in" and get 1000 free points.

All it says in the app is to click to opt in.

But what am I opting into? There is obviously a catch, like submitting to tracking or some other shit. There is no info in the app or the website that I could find explaining it.

Do you currently have the better choice bundle discount?
cdeen
join:2013-02-04
Mississauga, ON

cdeen to bdoyledimou

to bdoyledimou

How does this work? you get the upgraded internet package for 1 month and then it goes back to your normal package?

i.e. I get the Express to Extreme upgrade for 1 month --- does it automatically revert back to Express or does it keep me on Extreme and charge me for that package instead? :S
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by cdeen:

How does this work? you get the upgraded internet package for 1 month and then it goes back to your normal package?

i.e. I get the Express to Extreme upgrade for 1 month --- does it automatically revert back to Express or does it keep me on Extreme and charge me for that package instead? :S

It automatically reverts back to the package you subscribe to.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr

said by yyzlhr:

No, I don't have any bundles, my Cellphone is completely separate.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by HiVolt:

said by yyzlhr:

No, I don't have any bundles, my Cellphone is completely separate.

Then it's probably just a sign up bonus you get. Others have reported getting sign up bonuses without have to do anything or be tied to anything when browsing certain sections of the rewards website.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

But why does it say opt-in, instead of redeem... Thats whats confusing me here...

I don't want to opt-into some tracking or other garbage... The info is nowhere to be found.
snorlax14
join:2007-11-20
Thornhill, ON

snorlax14 to bdoyledimou

to bdoyledimou

There is a new mobile app that sends you ads based on your location. You pass a Starbucks, you get an ad for a free latte or something like that. They may be offering points to opt in to that program. This might be what is being discussed rather than the opt in to the rewards program itself.
The image above says click "details" then opt in. Is there any link to details?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by snorlax14:

There is a new mobile app that sends you ads based on your location. You pass a Starbucks, you get an ad for a free latte or something like that. They may be offering points to opt in to that program. This might be what is being discussed rather than the opt in to the rewards program itself.
The image above says click "details" then opt in. Is there any link to details?

That's a different program called Rogers Alert. You get $5 off your Rogers Wireless invoice for 3 months and is completely separate from the Rogers Rewards program.

Breadwinka
join:2008-06-08
Kitchener, ON

Breadwinka to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

If they've eliminated bundles,why are people are they selling "terms"

Oh wait, I see, you get a "whole" 20gb of data and a free netbox . Thieves.

Rogers does not have contracts per say anymore on cable services since mid February, So when you accept a 2 year promotion there is no ECF related to that term, you can cancel at anytime just have to give 30days notice.