Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

Give them some time

Remember the Softbank deal is still new. And it sounds like the guy walks the walk. I think he said he wants to make Sprint the #1 phone company in the world. This isn't Sprint/Nextel. This is "New Sprint" which is completely different.

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
Sprint won't be competitive until they get 800Mhz rolled out, which will boost coverage and reliability. The rollout has started but no one should really consider Sprint unless they have 800 in their area. Once they get Network Vision complete with 800/2900/2500, they'll be in good shape.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX
800/1900/2500

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
reply to amarryat
said by amarryat:

Remember the Softbank deal is still new. And it sounds like the guy walks the walk. I think he said he wants to make Sprint the #1 phone company in the world. This isn't Sprint/Nextel. This is "New Sprint" which is completely different.

Sprint has been saying that they've got something new and good just around the corner for the last 10 years. Even when they do announce something good, the execution is always done just plain horribly wrong. First 4g carrier right? Except their first 4g was on a band with horrible building penetration and the coverage was spotty at best all throughout its lifetime.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

Marshfield, MA
Like I already said, it's not the same company. Not even close since about 80% of it is owned by another company. Just because the name is the same shouldn't detract from what they're trying to do.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to amarryat
A third-rate wireless carrier buying another third-rate wireless carrier doesn't make the "#1 phone company in the world". As a current Softbank customer and a previous Sprint customer several years ago, they're a perfect match.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to amarryat
Same company, new face. They'll still have the same issues until someone steps up and redoes management in the US. And they still are Sprint-Nextel.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to Rakeesh
They could have taken Wimax and deployed it all over the country. but they didn't and sold that network off to ClearWire and become an MVNO. Clear couldn't fund the deployments anymore. But the network did work. If they had the $$$ they could have went with it. They even offered out door modems.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to amarryat
Until they fully change, yes they are the same company. Who in their right mind shuts down their tech support option when calling in??? You call into *2 or any number and go to Tech Support- any time of the day- and you get they are closed. You have to be transferred into them now by Telesales. Sprint even will tell you they know about this but nothing that can be done, and it ONLY happened AFTER the buyout. Stop trying to sell your customers new products when they have products already that don't work.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

Marshfield, MA
reply to openbox9
I thought I read that Son turned Softbank from the #3 phone company in Japan to #1 in a matter of afew years.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

Marshfield, MA
reply to TBBroadband
They aren't. They are Sprint Corporation. There is no Nextel.

tc1uscg

join:2005-03-09
Clinton Township, MI
reply to xenophon
There you go again about the 800mhz. It might sound good on paper and in theory however, Sprint has NEVER seen any big project through 100% (ION, Nextel, WiMax). Billions spent, millions of customers lost and nothing to show for it. They were, since they took over Nextel and still are a worthless cell phone provider that couldn't provide us with a good 3G much less LTE signal even if Verizon handed to'em. Just sayin..

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to amarryat
They call themselves Sprint-Nextel. Call and listen to their ads on their system. Now with Sprint-Nextel and Thanks for choosing Sprint-Nextel.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

Marshfield, MA
That just means they haven't updated that system. The name was changed in July and Nextel is no longer.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to amarryat
Hah, no. NTT DoCoMo is king in Japan.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to amarryat
The system was updated, but they're corp offices even say Sprint-Nextel. Including emails from their Executive Team say the same.

And yes, we get it that Nextel is no longer, but they still use the brand on many things is the point.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

Marshfield, MA
My reply to you up above was they are not Sprint-Nextel any more. Your quote was "And they still are Sprint-Nextel". That's why I said they're not, and you just said "we get it that Nextel is no longer", so I don't understand your point now.