Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

McShaken
Premium
join:2006-02-20
Olympia, WA

Just Left Sprint

I gave Sprint a try, but after two years of struggling with their marginal service, it was their "employee discount" policy that actually pushed me out.

* Employee discount - verification needed every 20 months which also locks you into another two year commitment.
* Employee discount verification broken - If your employer isn't in the system, they require you to upload documentation. Oddly enough, a 75KB file resulted in an error message of "File size cannot exceed 4MB"... I tried this on two different computers at different locations, using three different browsers and three different file formats. At that point I was done. Marginal service, empty promises for a better network, and a broken verification system was enough for me to go elsewhere.

Oddly enough, both Verizon and AT&T recognized my employer through their automated system. No hoops to jump through, no automatic two year commitment re-up if/when they verify employment later down the road, and MUCH better coverage/data speed.

Sorry Sprint, I gave you a chance...

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
When did they start requiring you to show proof? I know VZW requires you to show proof but have never seen that with Sprint. And locking you into another contract without signing a new one was settled by Sprint and they were smacked heavily for that by the courts.

McShaken
Premium
join:2006-02-20
Olympia, WA
They require you to show proof if you're company's email address isn't in their automated system. This also goes for benefits not tied to employment (membership at Costco, credit unions, etc.).

Not sure your information regarding the settlement is correct (or Sprint is ignoring the court's orders) since I clearly read on the verification page just a few weeks ago that re-verifying the discount would start a new 2 year contract with Sprint. Here's a link to Sprint's own message board talking about this subject:
»community.sprint.com/baw/thread/···tstart=0

tc1uscg

join:2005-03-09
Clinton Township, MI
said by McShaken:

They require you to show proof if you're company's email address isn't in their automated system. This also goes for benefits not tied to employment (membership at Costco, credit unions, etc.).

Well that explains a lot. It's a way to weed out the freeloaders. Can't blame them for that and if the discount was worth it, I wouldn't b1tch. And who's to say your "company" doesn't pizz big red off or big red changes the rules in 18 months. Your back at square one except after your discount, will you be paying MORE then had you just walked in off the street and got a plan?