Search similar:

uniqs

Laith
@109.205.113.x

Laith

Anon

How to create a bandwidth share ratio

Hi,

I am running a small ISP in Iraq, and I want to implement a bandwidth share ratio among users, like creating a profile of 3M/1M and make a share ration of 1-3, in which makes this profile shared among three users.

I use Mikrotik and RadiusManager.

Thanks
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

Are you looking for the actual config commands? Or some general guidance on how to design an overall QOS policy?

If the first one, the searchterms "mikrotik routeros qos" seemed to have brought up a few useful things...

Regards

Laith
@109.205.113.x

Laith

Anon

To build a bandwidth share ratio for broadband users is not something easy with simple QoS rules. I need the idea how to build this.

I have PPPoE users and the auth. Is done using RadiusManager.

Can you please give me the guideline how to create BW share ratio
HELLFIRE
MVM

HELLFIRE to Laith

MVM

to Laith
said by Laith :

To build a bandwidth share ratio for broadband users is not something easy with simple QoS rules.

Excuse me, but that was a "huh?" question you just asked there...

...and again, I repeat what I said before, "Are you looking for the actual config commands? Or some general guidance on
how to design an overall QOS policy?" The fact that you now toss in PPPoE and RADIUS really has me confused.

Please clarify exactly which one you're after... or explain clearly what you want.

Regards

Laith
@109.205.113.x

Laith

Anon

Here is an example.

I have a radius server, and Mikrotik acts as pppoe server, the user try to connect to the Mikrotik, after successful auth. the router assigns a queue to the user (say 3M/1M) as instructed by the RM

the second user once connect to the pppoe server with a profile that is similar to the first user's profile, the router puts them in a shared queue with the same bw parameters (3M/1M).

the third user with a similar profile will be in the same queue (presuming a sharing ratio of 1:3).

the forth user with a similar profile with get a new queue share with the fifth and sixth users, and so on for the 7th 8th 9th, ... etc

so every three users will share the same profile queue, the profile is specified by the RM, and the queue is created by the pppoe server

using billing server like Alepo with Cisco ASR1004 for example this can be done very easily, I just don't know how to implement the same idea using RadiusManager and Mikrotik.

Thanks for you support
Laith
HELLFIRE
MVM

HELLFIRE to Laith

MVM

to Laith
So you're trying to get the Mikrotik to do a dynamic QOS policy based on a subscriber's PPPoE
credentials... okay, NOW that makes sense, OP. Unfortunately I don't work with Mikrotik
during my day job... again, a web search would be where I'd start. Seems like it would
be doable, based on this PDF however
the PDF itself doesn't go into any code / config examples.

The Mikrotik Wiki has a section on PPP / AAA... does that start you off?

Not sure if any other people here have more Mikrotik experience than me that can chime in.

Regards