spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to toby

Re: Sprint is always promising they're fixing the issues.

Partly true. However, Verizon's LTE is a mess in some markets. AT&T's LTE, OTOH, is usually pretty good. Verizon didn't add sites, and now it's coming to bite them in the @$$.

Eek2121

join:2002-10-12
Newton, NJ
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

Really does depend on the area. My rural area? 5 bars of LTE. Generator backed cell towers (had full LTE even during Sandy). Very fast (15-30 megs a second down, 5-15 megs/sec up.) AT&T? 3g speeds to this day around 3 megs a second, and 2-3 bars in most places. Also, all my AT&T using iPhone coworkers were borrowing my android phone when sandy killed the power to AT&T's towers. I'm not a verizon fanboy, i think they are committing highway robbery, but if the big V is the devil, the big T is the devil's father.

Sprint? They have the potential to be so great, but will always end up falling flat. Unlike most people, i don't want unlimited data, i want fast internet access at an affordable price. Freedompop 'somewhat' delivers on that, though they seem to be running a scam operation these days. Republic Wireless takes full advantage of sprint's shortcomings by providing wifi calling, but i wonder just how long sprint will tolerate that.
--
My beta Ruby on Rails tutorial site!

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH

Yeah, some markets are still better on Verizon, and Verizon does have the most backup gear, including battery and diesel. It often goes by who is the incumbent telco, like AT&T is better in CT, although AT&T took Verizon's lunch money in Boston, which was a traditional Verizon stronghold until AT&T used it as an early LTE launch market, and built off of their better tower density. Sprint is very MVNO-friendly, but nothing can make up for their bad network.