Don't Touch Me
MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO

4 recommendations

alphapointe

MVM

This week's project

I just finished designing and installing a new exhaust fan control panel. The fans were controlled by timers and electric furnace sequencers, and are now controlled by solid-state relays connected to our building management system and time delay relays (the time delay is to keep all of them from coming on at the same time and tripping breakers)

The before shot is what one of the two boxes looked like (I didn't take a picture of the other one, it looked exactly the same...)

Before

After

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH

1 recommendation

tschmidt

MVM

Nice wiring job. I always cringe at rats nest wiring - even though I must admit some of my stuff is not the neatest.

/tom

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

2 recommendations

Cho Baka to alphapointe

MVM

to alphapointe
Did you do the first one when you were blind?

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
MVM
Columbia, MO

2 recommendations

alphapointe

MVM

LOL. I didn't do the first one... I'd have done THAT CF better blind!

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH

tschmidt

MVM

As I mentioned great job. Just to nit pic a little since there is exposed 120v I assume you will install a protective front cover and close up the large holes?

/tom

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
MVM
Columbia, MO

alphapointe

MVM

There is a cover for it. I hadn't thought about the holes on top, as the top is 7' above the floor...
alphapointe

1 recommendation

alphapointe

MVM

I put some 8" conduit stubs that I had in the shop on the top holes... now if you're going to reach into it without taking the cover off, you'd better be 8' tall and have hands less than 3" in diameter...
alphapointe

alphapointe

MVM

Here's what the whole setup looks like with the cover on. (but before the conduit stubs were added)

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to alphapointe

MVM

to alphapointe
A one-way trap for mices?
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada

TheMG to alphapointe

Premium Member

to alphapointe
I like how one of the sequencers in the first pic has a sticker on it that says "BAD".