Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA to ggultra2764

Premium Member

to ggultra2764

Re: Mandatory Firmware update on VZ 4620LE

The only one that makes any difference is the one the carrier has. In this case Verizon. It doesn't even matter if it's accurate. That's the one that is chiseled in stone. I could have 100 different numbers and all they would be is useless numbers.
ggultra2764
join:2007-09-13
Cambridge, NY

ggultra2764

I'm only saying because I've heard news about the means used by the big Internet providers to measure data usage for customers being flawed in many instances as personal monitoring from users got different results than what the ISP's tracking means were, indicating either the technology is flawed or the ISP is trying to push users close to their cap to incur overage fees/ penalties on those cutting it close to their data cap.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Accurate or not if Verizon says you are over the 20 GB cap then you are over. That's why I'm not going to waste my time on personal monitoring.

nate456789
@myvzw.com

nate456789 to Jack_in_VA

Anon

to Jack_in_VA
Thank you.
Bonus! I have used less than I was guessing. And only 8 days left till a reset.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

I think it's fine for those of us to keep track of what Verizon says we've used.
IowaMudRider
join:2013-09-12
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider to ggultra2764

to ggultra2764
i keep track of the usage on both my exede and verizon with the MBR 95 router

I still haven't seen anything as far as updates on my 4620LE mabye cause i am in a low signal area

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

I had to go into the device and check for updates and get it that way.
IowaMudRider
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider

Well i ain't gonna waste my time with it, Don't fix what isn't broken
HalfThrottle
join:2006-02-08

HalfThrottle to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
Started yesterday, connection bounces between 1x, 3g and once in awhile 4g, have a good signal and even tried my external antenna, connection is unusable, will not connect, just continually tries to reconnect, and does occassionally connect very briefly...
IowaMudRider
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider

try unplugging it and pulling the battery
HalfThrottle
join:2006-02-08

HalfThrottle

Have to pull the battery to make sure it is off, have had incidents where in the middle of a D/L other WiFi goes down, and the 4620LE doesn't always turn off, and it auto-connects to the MiFi.

Most times when you turn it off it reboots right back up.

Obvious Novatel firmware issue I'd say.

Anyone tried the Samsung MiFi adapter?

OmegaWolf747
Vive la revolucion
join:2009-02-08
Royal Oak, MI

OmegaWolf747 to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
I just took the update. Now I can't log into the hotspot page in my browser. I click the Login button and nothing happens, not even an error message. I tried this with both Firefox 25.0.1 and Opera 12. The admin password matches what it was before the update. I know if worst comes to worst, I can factory reset the device, but am hoping to avoid that.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

I did the update and am able to log int to the device with no problem.

OmegaWolf747
Vive la revolucion
Royal Oak, MI

OmegaWolf747

I'm glad it works for one of us. By the sound of things, I'm the only one encountering this problem.

xrayman
join:2008-12-09
Kansas City

xrayman

Did you try using »192.168.1.1/ to log in with?

OmegaWolf747
Vive la revolucion
Royal Oak, MI

2 edits

OmegaWolf747

Thank you, but the result is the same.

edit: Now it's telling me my admin password is incorrect even though it's what's shown on the device's LED. I tried the default one on the sticker and it won't accept that either. Should I just factory reset it?

edit: I just factory reset the device and it still won't accept the password.

Diugo
@blackberry.net

Diugo

Anon

Hate to say it, but you might have been hacked. Hopefully a factory reset will restore control. Be sure to immediately change the password to a totally new one.

OmegaWolf747
Vive la revolucion
Royal Oak, MI

OmegaWolf747

I can't login at all, even after the reset.

Diugo
@blackberry.net

Diugo to OmegaWolf747

Anon

to OmegaWolf747
Did you follow the specific reset instructions at »support.verizonwireless. ··· ml/55839 ?

OmegaWolf747
Vive la revolucion
Royal Oak, MI

OmegaWolf747

Yes, I did that earlier. I just did it again to be on the safe side. No change.

Diugo
@blackberry.net

Diugo

Anon

The default admin password might be "admin"---not the one written on the label...
Diugo

Diugo

Anon

The default admin password could also be the last six characters of the MAC address. This is why it's potentially hackable---since MAC addresses can be easily viewed with the right software.

OmegaWolf747
Vive la revolucion
Royal Oak, MI

OmegaWolf747

I did an ipconfig at the command prompt and it popped up with the following: Connection-specific DNS suffix, IPv6 address, Temporary IPv6 address, Link-local IPv6 address, IPv4 address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway.

Which of these would be my MAC address?
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

since you did a reset everything is back to default. Don't you have a white label on the bottom of the Jetpack that has the default Admin password?

OmegaWolf747
Vive la revolucion
Royal Oak, MI

OmegaWolf747

Yes. That's the one I've been entering since the reset and I still can't gain access.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

try removing the SIM and powering up, then turn off. Reinsert the Sim and power up again.

OmegaWolf747
Vive la revolucion
Royal Oak, MI

OmegaWolf747

Just did that. Nothing changed. Still no access. I type in my password, click the Login button and nothing loads.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

perhaps you should try the factory reset again using the link that Diugo posted earlier

Diugo
@blackberry.net

Diugo to OmegaWolf747

Anon

to OmegaWolf747
In Windows, get a "cmd" window then run "arp -a" in it to see the MAC address associated with each IP address on your LAN. The MAC address is of the form 12-34-56-78-90-ab, so the default admin password might be 7890ab in this example.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to OmegaWolf747

to OmegaWolf747
said by OmegaWolf747:

Just did that. Nothing changed. Still no access. I type in my password, click the Login button and nothing loads.

Try another browser, or disable all your script/ad blockers and try.