Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil

Re: Elder Scrolls Online : Beta Invite received

said by Koil:

I'm out of the starter zone....aside from a few hiccups it's been decent. Lots of ppl on

Agreed. I'm having fun. They did a good job of preserving the feel of Elder Scrolls IMO.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

My daughter is hogging the gaming PC and I have to rake leaves, but when I peek over her shoulder I like what I see, but I'm just glancing at the graphics and not the game play.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Fun... Robot Unicorn Attack is fun. Is it good?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Savious:

Fun... Robot Unicorn Attack is fun.

No, it wasn't.
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Is it good?

I gotta say I was completely surprised. The gameplay videos I saw earlier in the year made it look like shitty execution for a simple money grab.

This... is much closer to the ideal of a Skyrim MMO. I gotta say I love the 10 or so hours I've put into it so far.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Where would you put it compared to... WoW, SWToR, Rift and GW2?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by Savious:

Where would you put it compared to... WoW, SWToR, Rift and GW2?

I would say that I am in with Kris. If I went off the gameplay videos before, I thought it was a money grab. This game is much closer to Skyrim MMO. I put in only about 6 hours into it, but I like it so far.

As to what I am comparing it to, thats hard to determine. The problem is that I have played all those games and only 6 hours in I can't say its like any of them other than the general premise. Quest, get loot, level up, etc. I have yet to get into PVP or the lore of the game much. That is what I liked about WoW was the storyline. What I liked about SWToR was the voice acting and not having to read everything.

After this latest beta period, I can say that this is on my list to purchase and play for a couple months at least. After that, we will see if it keeps my interest.

I know people are all anal about spending money like that, but this is the way I figure it....

I bought Battlefield 4 for $100 with the premium pack. I have already dumped 50+ hours into it. Thats $2 an hour for entertainment and I am far from done with that game.

If i put $80 into Elder Scrolls for 2 months and play that for 50 hours, I will have made a good investment. That is why I don't get all fed up with paying $15 a month for WoW. So long as I was playing 10-20 hours a month, I was getting my moneys worth.