All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
EricDunn
join:2013-04-11
Luskville, QC

EricDunn

[Internet] How long after you get the flyer is fibe available ?

Hey guys,

Just got a flyer in the mail saying that bell is "installing Canada's most advanced network, in my neighbourhood. etc etc ".

Usually, how long after you get this can you expect tp be able to upgrade internet ? Does that mean FTTN or FTTH ? Can you tell from just that ? It says they might need to access the bell equipment on my property.

THanks !
Eric.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Chances are you will be getting fttn and its usually about 3-6 months from when they start the upgrades
EricDunn
Luskville, QC

EricDunn

Cool thanks !
if I call in would I get a more specific timeframe ? My internet is absolute crap (were talking 5-10 kb/s on a 7 meg line) and I'm kind of anxious for the upgrades lol.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to EricDunn

Premium Member

to EricDunn
said by EricDunn:

Cool thanks !
if I call in would I get a more specific timeframe ? My internet is absolute crap (were talking 5-10 kb/s on a 7 meg line) and I'm kind of anxious for the upgrades lol.

Calling in won't get you any more information other than what's available on the flyers or website.

----

I sent you a PM.

hlo207
join:2012-11-16
North York, ON

hlo207 to EricDunn

to EricDunn
Most likely is FTTN.

Look around the neighborhood. If you have above ground wires, you should be able to see the fibre optics

In my neighborhood, Bell sent out representatives door to door after the fibre optics are in.

sm5w2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2 to EricDunn

Premium Member

to EricDunn
Is there anyone with legacy Sympatico HSE service (un-capped) that had their service moved to FTTN by Bell - and have had their speed increased (up to the limits of what the modem is capable of) ?

Since Bell has been increasing the speed of legacy HSE subscribers over the years (without the subscribers necessarily knowing or asking for the speed increase) I'm wondering if these increases will (or can) happen again if your "node" gets fiber-fed.

For example, my sync is 7040/800 (has been for maybe 3 years now). My modem is capable of higher speeds (and my line S/N ratio is good) - but is the reason the sync isin't higher is because my node isin't fiber-fed?
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

No, the reason you're still on the 7040/800 profile is because Bell has decided that the uncapped legacy product is equivalent to the 5 meg DSL that they're currently offering, and will not be given a speed upgrade.

They do not want you to stay on the legacy DSL product. That's why they keep raising the price... it is probably more cost effective at this point, especially if you have a triple play with them, to switch to the Fibe 5/1 and get the unlimited VAS option. I'm not going to get into why they want you to switch to the new service offering because I honestly don't know the answer to that question, but I think it has something to do with the negotiated contract rates with DSL resellers.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to sm5w2

Premium Member

to sm5w2
I migrated from grandfathered HSE to Fibe 25 last year because I got sick and tired of the semi-annual price increases. They replaced my trusty SS5200 to a piece of shit Sagemcom. The new service works fine but I've had a handful of sync-no-surf issues that Bell doesn't seem to care to fix.

mega_fib
@bell.ca

mega_fib to EricDunn

Anon

to EricDunn
I wouldn't trust any flyer Bell sends; I was sent multiple "great news... Fibe TV is now available at your address" notices, specifically targetting my house, not just the neighbourhood, when nobody was actually eligible for anything other than Fibe 5/1 Internet since there's no remote SLAM at all. So, it was completely false.
Even worse, when a friend in the Niagara region of Ontario does the availability check for Fibe TV (to see when he'll be eligible for better grades of Internet access than the crummy Fibe 5/1) it says:
quote:
Bell Fibe TV is coming soon.
We expect to bring Bell Fibe TV to your neighbourhood within a few years.. Provide your contact info and we’ll let you know as soon as it becomes available to you.
Huh?? Within "a few years"?? Really, Bell? Kudos for being realistic since your rollouts are dreadfully slow, but still... it's pretty pathetic to tell a consumer to wait a few years for service.
what07
join:2013-07-18
Toronto, ON

what07 to EricDunn

to EricDunn
Takes bell way too long to bring it to my area. I got some flyers in the past when Fibe Internet speeds were suppose to be offered but still waiting for almost 2-3years.
EricDunn
Luskville, QC

EricDunn to mega_fib

to mega_fib
Wow ! Yeah a few years that's.horrible lol. In my case , even if it's only 5/1, as long as it's consistent I'd be happy with it. Right now they completely oversold my area and from ~6pm-11pm I literally get ~5-15k/sec download speeds, which makes it completely useless. But another user pmed me saying he's a bell tech, and look up my line, said it's probably a 1-2 month timeframe which would be pretty decent.

time will tell ! Lol

Simple
@67.68.166.x

Simple to mr weather

Anon

to mr weather
It depends if you see bell truck going down in the underground with a fiber splicing... I would say soon but call bell they will they'll you you should have a code on the flyer
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to sm5w2

to sm5w2
To answer your question, yes and no. If your current legacy profile can handle the speeds youre paying for they wont move you to fttn, however I had many service calls last spring that moved legacy 6-10 mbps services to fttn because they were not getting the speeds they were paying for and so they were proactively moved to 7330 equipment

TNK
join:2011-03-22
HNVION17

TNK

Side question semi-related: how long after the new DSLAM cabinet is installed next to my JWI will service be available? Hydro finally connected it and the locks were put on the cabinet in July...still listed as not available...

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by TNK:

Side question semi-related: how long after the new DSLAM cabinet is installed next to my JWI will service be available? Hydro finally connected it and the locks were put on the cabinet in July...still listed as not available...

PM sent