uniqs
share rss forum feed

flibby3655
Bully Spotter
Premium
join:2004-12-19
Lompoc, CA

Alibaba.com web site

Has anyone purchased items from this site? Are they legit?

Thanks!!!

drjim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Nope. I've always been able to find what I've wanted elsewhere, although if you search for *really* obscure parts you seem to turn up a lot of hits from them

I always thought they were more of a marketing group, but I guess they do sales, too.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alibaba_Group
--
One man's Magic is another man's Engineering.

tobicat
Premium
join:2005-04-18
Tombstone, AZ
reply to flibby3655
They are a legit company. However they are Chinese and ship from China. If all goes well you are OK but if anything goes wrong with the shipment it is near impossible to correct or get a rufund. This is a problem with all of the Chinese companies.

Helios
Premium
join:2013-11-04
Smithers, BC
reply to flibby3655
A US or Canadian based site would be something like www.pricewatch.com or www.pricebat.ca

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

4 edits
reply to flibby3655
I believe Masayoshi Son who owns most of Softbank still has a large stake in Alibaba Group. They are legit but all the traders on them may not be. I would say it is a site for experienced knowledgeable users. Not like an ebay with paypal for safety.
Depending on the size of your order and how you pay you could get burned.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alibaba_Group

It does do a ton of sales but as said I think you need some or very decent knowledge of who you are trading with. Plus how to trade safely with China and do safe payment.

Even they say no guarantee just putting buyers and sellers together.

»resources.alibaba.com/topic/8012···ina_.htm

Though it is growing and may get an IPO giving Son a ton of free cash. It is not an ebay it is a swap meet. Though it does do a ton of sales so it is not all bad if you know what you are doing, If everything went sideways they would be out of business.
Expand your moderator at work

flibby3655
Bully Spotter
Premium
join:2004-12-19
Lompoc, CA
reply to flibby3655

Re: Alibaba.com web site

Thanks all!