Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ezql2

join:2013-11-24

1 edit

Help

Click for full size
I can't tell if there's a reset thing on the back because I can unplug the power and the blue cable but the white one I can't ta
Click for full size
I can't tell if there's a reset thing on the back because I can unplug the power and the blue cable but the white one I can't ta
Click for full size
I found this on the same wall the modem is in, but on the opposite side. What is this? Is it a router or another modem? Idgi
Hi first of all I think it will be evident by reading my post that I have no idea what I'm talking about, and that's why I come to you! So there's no need to point out my ignorance on the subject, thank you

I need to know how to restart this modem or reset it to factory defaults. I am having problems specifically with gaming, on both pc games and my nintendo 3DS. The rest of the things I can do just fine, my wireless signal is strong and fast. Someone told me on a nintendo forum that I needed to access the modem's settings and see something related to a firewall, if I'm not mistaken. However I can't access the settings with the factory defaults and my providers are being total dicks, is there a way to bring it back to default settings so that I can access it with the typical "admin" "password"? Is this illegal? I apologize if it is, I genuinely am clueless

If you know anything about the specific issue with gaming that would also be helpful... Oh and I don't know how to know what my modem model is so I'm just posting the info on its back?

[Mod note - Back of modem picture removed as it showed private info. /sashwa]

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

1 recommendation

The 1st pic looks like it is an SB6120 or SB6121. This modem only provides Internet. The other modem is an eMTA modem which can provide Internet & Phone. Normally if you have this combo, the 1st modem handles your internet, while the 2nd modem only handles Phone. The Internet function is locked out.

To access each modem to reset, please review this FAQ: »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »Viewing the Modem's Signal Levels, Firmware Version & Log Entries

To add: The Arris eMTA modem may have a battery backup. You will need to remove it to reset to defaults.
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!