uniqs

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

[Help] 2008 BMW 3281 fuses

My daughter has a 2008 BMW 3281 that the aux 12 volts receptacles does not work. I need to check the fuses. I found out where the fuses and which fuses to check. They are behind the glove box. I looked by google search and how to remove the glove but could not find any for the 328i only the 3 series but Google showed different ways.
Would any one have a link or know how to remove the glove box?
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

According to my 2010 328i owners manual, the fuse box is IN the glove box. There's a cover at the back of the glove box that's secured by a couple of thumbscrews. No mention of any need to remove the glove box.

It's cold and dark out there otherwise I'd go and take a look.... but this seems accurate to me: »www.carcarekiosk.com/vid ··· /replace

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by dave:

According to my 2010 328i owners manual, the fuse box is IN the glove box. There's a cover at the back of the glove box that's secured by a couple of thumbscrews. No mention of any need to remove the glove box.

It's cold and dark out there otherwise I'd go and take a look.... but this seems accurate to me: »www.carcarekiosk.com/vid ··· /replace

Not to mean or any thing I found that out but when I look in the glove box I do see the 2 tabs. It gray like carpet all around it. I'll double check over the week end or when the car here in the daylight and not raining

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Turn the 2 tabs - my Bentley book that goes to 2005 3 series shows the exact same thing as the video.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

1 edit

dave to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
It's accurate for my car at least -- I had '12v socket failure' when a cheap phone adapter fell apart and left metal bits in the socket, shorting out the power and blowing a fuse. So at that point I located the fuse panel...

---
I just went and checked mine viisually by looking in the glove box (didn't hang around and actually undo the tabs though): the cover seems to do double duty as the rear of the glove box. It's definitely hard grey plastic, not the 'carpet' that is elsewhere.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
I'll check again when I can look at in the daylight instead of twilight.