how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

No Savings For Me

I had not priced FiOS out and I am surprised to see it is $70 (non-promo price as I do not care about temporary promotions) for 15mbps service. Cablevision is serving me with 18/5 service for $54.95 plus I get access to their WiFi network. I am not sure how FiOS is competitive in my area with those kinds of prices.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

theres something you get with CV that verizon FIOS doesn't give you at any price: peak hour slowdowns!
--
Despises any post with strings.

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

said by dvd536:

theres something you get with CV that verizon FIOS doesn't give you at any price: peak hour slowdowns!

I have Sprint for my cellular service so I am used slowdowns (all the time).
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to n2jtx

said by n2jtx:

I had not priced FiOS out and I am surprised to see it is $70 (non-promo price as I do not care about temporary promotions) for 15mbps service. Cablevision is serving me with 18/5 service for $54.95 plus I get access to their WiFi network. I am not sure how FiOS is competitive in my area with those kinds of prices.

In NY, the promo price is in effect a perpetual price. Once your promo price runs out, it is trivial to renew it by switching to a slightly different plan, which will cause a slightly different promo rate to kick in. I've done this twice now.

In addition, with FiOS you get access to the Boingo Wi-Fi network, which gets you in at hotels and airports all over the world, as well as several spots in NY Metro.