Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[Install] Technician tool question

I was cleaning up around the Comcast pedestal and found these needle nose pliers by the Comcast pedestal and I'm missing mine. Do these look like the ones used by Comcast techs/contractors.

And no, I'm not stealing cable or tampering with the ped, my driveway is next to the pedestal and I work on the car now and then and I can't find mine. I just want to reunite them with their rightful owner. They look like mine but I'm not sure as they are caked up in mud and they are seized.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

1 recommendation

Do you really think all Comcast techs use the same type of needle nose pliers ?

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
I forgot to ask if Comcast issues the tools or if the tech has to purchase them.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
reply to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

l and found these needle nose pliers by the Comcast pedestal and I'm missing mine.

Are you saying:

1) I think a Comcast tech took mine, used them & left them by the pedestal.
2) These look like mine, but I'm not sure if I dropped them there when I was messing with the pedestal or they belong to a tech.
3) I want to keep them if they are mine but want to make sure a tech hasn't been looking for them for the past 15 years.
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

ExoticFish

Stuarts Draft, VA

1 recommendation

Hehe, was thinking the same thing.

If you think they're yours why were they next to the ped ?

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
reply to IowaCowboy
I think they might be mine, but I could never live with myself if I was wrong and I deprived the rightful owner of them.

Can you rinse them off and post a new pic?

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
reply to IowaCowboy
If they turn out to be craftsman, then they're mine.

I'll have to douse them in WD-40 as they are seized up either way.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
I stamped my name on all my tools. Over the years I have changed my name several times, so any of the following may appear on them:

Hecho en Mexico
Made in China
Made in USA
Made in Japan

ExoticFish

Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to IowaCowboy
LoL you're lucky I'm not up there and no longer work for Comcast. I'd make sure you didn't mess with my ped.

Coelispex

join:2013-06-03
Wilmette, IL
reply to IowaCowboy
I'm sure this isn't a big deal at all for a plier

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:18
reply to IowaCowboy
they're mine.... along with a few other tools I may have left in your toolbox and your neighbors.

Would you mind sending them to me? I'm currently living in Nigeria. I'll send you a million dollars when I get them back.
--
Start with what you can do, solutions will follow...

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to ExoticFish
said by ExoticFish:

LoL you're lucky I'm not up there and no longer work for Comcast. I'd make sure you didn't mess with my ped.

The lock on the ped in question is broken. But there is still two more layers of security against cable thieves, the locking terminators on the ports and the digital encryption. As this is a all-digital market, you are getting zero channels without an activated receiver or CableCard.

I don't know how the lock got broken but the techs just lift it off and do their work. We've had our fair share of shady neighbors so cable theft can't be ruled out before the digital conversion.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

ExoticFish

Stuarts Draft, VA
Hehe, if you weren't in the ped how would you know all that ?

:-P

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
said by ExoticFish:

Hehe, if you weren't in the ped how would you know all that ?

:-P

With all of the truck rolls that I've had, I know how that thing opens and closes. I wish they'd fix the lock on it, I'd hate to see some vandals come in and wreak havoc on my internet. I also wish they'd clean up the wiring in there to get rid of any potential leakage/ingress.

If they don't close it right it's an eyesore and it attracts vandalism. The inside (that I've seen when techs are present) looks like a rat's nest of wires. Many of them are the twin lead coax dating back to the dual A/B cable days.
--

SeaSeaTee5

join:2010-05-06
Maryland
reply to IowaCowboy
If they are Kleins, they were most likely left there by an in-house tech. I'm sure he's probably had them replaced by now and no, the techs don't pay for them. If it was a contractor, they may have to pay for them.