spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ttodd0450
join:2001-12-12
Port Coquitlam, BC

ttodd0450

[BC] Netflix / router fixes issues and cures for those USA titles

Couldn't find a proper Netfix forum so am creating my topic here .. Last month my son found thru the internet the codes for replacing my dns setting thru my LG blueray smart player so I could get and did get the American menu for movies .. It worked great for 30 days . .then I started to get the Cannot connect please come back later error message .. My laptop and cellphone worked but they are only on the Canadian login page ,.. My smart player was the unit that could create and replace the settings thru the menu of my smart player.. I phoned Netflix help three times over three day and they did not fix this but they were more than willing to help me try to fix this .. My problem was I could log into the site and see the menu titles and what I watched in my previous history but when clicked on would not make the connection to their servers .. The help people never ever asked me or advised me that using American menu would not connect me to any of their movies .. even if the title was a Canadian title .. Not once so I presumed that the issue was either my current player or my router settings . .Trouble was in the same room my laptop and cellphone could log in and playback titles , but they were only setup for Canadian titles .. My big 55in TV was the issue as it was connected to my smart settings that where via thru the onboard Netflick program .. Finally I phoned Shaw and they advised me that It is not Shaw that monitors the download but Netflick themselves that blocked me from receiving the signal.. The Shaw tech then gave me the old setting I need for my for my static dns code .. This Fixed the problem and finally after three days of Sorry log back in later ' error message I can now log back in but of course only to the Canadian Menu ..
I am going to have to check with my friends to find out what they have that is differ than what I had for 30 days .. as they seem to be able to have this American signal now for well over a year now .......

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

1 edit

kevinds

Premium Member

My guess is he setup a paid-service, on a trial, without paying for it...

»www.unblock-us.com/ for example

So now that the trial has expired, it has stopped working?

Check your LG player, post back which DNS IPs are setup

ttodd
@shawcable.net

ttodd

Anon

No I have been a paid subscriber for maybe 23 months prior to me changing the DNS .

Darhole
Premium Member
join:2005-06-14
Edmonton, AB
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Asus RT-AC87
Actiontec T3200M

Darhole

Premium Member

said by ttodd :

No I have been a paid subscriber for maybe 23 months prior to me changing the DNS .

I believe he meant the DNS subscription service such as unblock-us.com. You get a 30 day trial and after that require a paid subscription or you lose access to the DNS server (the thing your son changed on your player)

If you can bring up the network settings on your device (should be accessed through the menu, probably under Network) and post the results for us here, we can help to diagnose this, and/or provide you the details for switching is back to default (canadian netflix) if you do not wish to buy a subscription to the DNS service you used.

Maxx2006
join:2013-02-02
Guelph, ON

Maxx2006 to ttodd0450

to ttodd0450
If you are using a service like un blockus and your IP changes you need to log back into them and update your IP.
dazman09
join:2010-10-28

dazman09 to kevinds

to kevinds
I've found a few of these DNS servers just by searching google... They seem to be random, and work for a few weeks or a few months, then stop. If you want reliable service, you'll need to pay someone like unblock-us