how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

Thought there was a firmware upgrade pending?

Have had my Home Fusion several months now, initially experiencing random lockups like everybody else. Several forum responders said "firmware fix coming". Well, mine still locks up about once a week. The modem/router blinks orange (above Internet), but both LEDs on the cantenna are green. That suggests to me that the cantenna is locked to the tower, but that the modem/router lost lock with the cantenna. Power cycling both units at the cable junction box has so far fixed it every time. Was this pending "firmware fix" just an item on somebody's wish list?

//greg//
--
Former DirecPC/Direcway/HughesNet customer and forum participant since 2001

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1

I see you finally left Hughesnet. I couldn't fight the evening slowdowns anymore so I switched to Millenicom/Sprint Unlimited Plan. Sprint pulled the plug on them so now I'm on Millenicom/Verizon 20 GB/Mo LTE plan.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

Well, I looked at Millenicom - and didn't see any advantage. They want $70/mo for 20 gigs, that's what I pay Verizon. Plus, to get free equipment and installation from Verizon, I had to commit to a 2 year contract. Having said that - if Millenicom is still in business when my Verizon contract's up - I may buy data from them rather than from Verizon. I don't like the way Verizon counts bits and bytes.

//greg//
--
Former DirecPC/Direcway/HughesNet customer and forum participant since 2001

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom

I had the Millenicom/Sprint Unlimited plan $59 until Sprint pulled the plug on them. Switched over to the Millenicom/Verizon 20 GB LTE Hotspot for $69. Got the Novatel 4620 LTE free because of the Sprint cancellation and just set it anywhere and connect my devices. Will support up to 10.

lan41

join:2013-11-16
Charlotte, TN
reply to grohgreg

i go through 30 gigs a day

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4

30 GB per day?

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to lan41

30gb PER DAY? I use my line alot for streaming video and at most I use about 10gb/day, average is around 3gb/day. Wow...