spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

[Networking] WECB (WCB3000N)

I have a dead spot in my house where Wi-Fi is all but non existent. A technician came out to look at a pixilation issue on all of my TVs (seems to be a common problem lately ) and so I asked him what he thought. He said I could get a WECB box from Verizon which I guess is the same as a WCB3000N??

Anyway, has anyone tried it and does it work well? Does VZ charge extra for it and if so, how much?

I believe there was a link posted somewhere on this forum where you could purchase a new router but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

abc1234

@verizon.net
Yes, the WECB is wireless capable in the 2.4ghz and 5ghz range. It automatically syncs your wifi info from your router and rebroadcasts it. In SoCal the charge is $45. Yes it works very well.

It isn't a router, it's a MoCA him with wifi.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
Thanks!

Is that a one time charge of $45? Also, is it just plug and play or is there some setup that is required?

I actually found the website to purchase accessories but don't see it listed anywhere. :-(

»teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/in ··· MC-A0760

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
reply to abc1234
ABC1234,

Can you say where/how you were able to purchase this unit? Did you have to configure anything on your router to make it work?

Thanks.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
You need to call in and request a technician visit. Only Verizon technicians have these devices at this time.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
Thanks nycdave. I'll do that.