spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Bdw
join:2013-11-28

1 edit

Bdw

[DSL] Netgear 7550 Wireless issues Firmware update V.06.05.02

Former Frontier Installer here. The 7550 has issues kicking off wireless clients when many are connected.

It seems there is finally a upgrade released that is supposed to help with the issue. I've installed it on my modem without issue. Maybe this is old news, it's been about a year since I was fighting with this issue. =)

I guess it's okay to link the firmware here, I read the forum rules and didn't see anything I felt applied. If not, my apologies.

If you're uncomfortable installing it yourself or clicking my link, be aware that techs are supposed to install it on service calls and new modems will already be running it. And you may be able to sweet talk a rep to send it to you.

Here's a link:
V.06.05.02:
»www.filedropper.com/netg ··· e-060502
Click on where is says "Download this file" it will ask you to enter a CAPTCHA test

This is for the Netgear 7550 only. Only install it if you are having the wireless issue of dropped clients. That's THE ONLY thing they tinkered with.

Just thought I should share.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Link does not work. Do you have to be a member to get to it?

Updated = Ok I see, had to past link into the lookup window.
Bdw
join:2013-11-28

1 edit

Bdw

Sorry, was the first free file host I found. Once the page opens be sure to click the link that says "Download this file" It will ask you to enter a CAPTCHA test.

It's inside a zip file.
And be sure to install it using an Ethernet cable. Else you'll be making a call to frontier anyway.

Let me stress, too everyone... if you've never upgraded a router's firmware before, and are not sure what you're doing.. don't.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to Bdw

MVM

to Bdw
I have mirrored a copy of the firmware here should it fall from FileDropper: »seansite.dyndns.org/fron ··· nt/7550/ . I'll remove the firmware once a newer version is out.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

Here are instructions provided by one Frontier Tech, also received a note from another Tech suggesting that the VersaPort not be used to preform the update. That suggestion has been incorporated. It takes a little over 2 minutes for the update to complete and the router will reboot upon completion. In step 5, The "Upgrade Now" button is located in the bottom portion of the screen where it says "Upgrade from a computer in the Network."

cool88
@mycingular.net

cool88

Anon

Should I do the firmware update if I am not have the wifi problems?

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

That is up to you, but the firmware's code only corrects issues with the wireless portion. See BDW's post at the top of this thread.