spc
Search similar:

uniqs
spacetoilet
join:2013-11-28
San Francisco, CA

1 edit

spacetoilet

[Connectivity] Comcast throttling my bandwidth on video streaming?

Hi, I'm not sure what's going on here but my speed tests constantly show 27M down and 5M up with xfinity internet. But lately HBO GO and netflix are struggling to even reach a watchable image. On example short on netflix the bit rate briefly starts at 5800kbps (sometimes) but very quickly drops so low that it's giving me 640x480 res ?? I tried this wifi and Ethernet, on Apple TV, ps3 and samsung tv, and my desktop, they all suck the same. What is happening? I'm paying through the nose for bandwidth I can't use.

Edited to add topic group category. Sunny See Profile
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Re: Comcast throttling my bandwidth on video streaming?

What are your signal levels ? Error logs ?
spacetoilet
join:2013-11-28
San Francisco, CA

spacetoilet

Sorry, I'm new here can you point me in direction of how to get that info and i'll post it up?

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to spacetoilet

Premium Member

to spacetoilet
All of this info might be helpful in solving your problem
»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!

ikyuaoki
join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki to spacetoilet

to spacetoilet
I would suggest that you had to consider to block both down and up directions and apply some simple program protocol rules to let your programs run over the either TCP or UDP if you added this rules in both down and up directions of blocked walls.

I learned that my netstat had shows me that TCP rst was sending too much generated packets over a upload link so I decided to seal it off with blocked barrier on upload of path upload direction and since I have already sealed on the downlink.