spc
Search similar:

uniqs

pe33333
@cableone.net

1 edit

pe33333

Anon

[CustSvc] comcast residential plans at a commercial address? Possible?

Is it possible to get comcast residential service at a business address? It's a small single person office at one of those rent-a-room in a big office building type places.

Edited to add topic group category. Sunny See Profile

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

Re: comcast residential plans at a commercial address? Possible?

Is the office a legal residence? ie can you LEGALLY live there?
Not sure if it's a deciding factor for CC but I doubt they would install a residential account at a large business just trying to avoid the higher business account fees.

pe33333
@cableone.net

pe33333

Anon

Well that's what I thought. It was worth asking. We don't need the additional business features and quotas for one user who will use 10GB a month tops... but I assumed it's also a form of price discrimination to make businesses pay more, which you confirmed.

It is clearly a commercial address.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

No I can't really confirm. I am NOT a comcast employee or sales person.
best bet would be to call in and ask about it for that SPECIFIC address.
if the building is wired and the computer says "serviceable" you'll be good to go
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to pe33333

to pe33333
get the lowest package which is at $70 and write it as a business expense...simple...

make sure to ask your sales guy to put in a stipulation in your contract that if your business closes for any reason, you're not going to end up with hefty ETF fees.

other than that, only thing to negotiate really is the install fee and or etf if you leave that office space early.