how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stu

join:2000-11-03
Patchogue, NY

[Pricing] A Final Rant

This month, after many years with VW I ported my number out. This was done in the middle of a billing cycle.

As I prepay for a months service I sort of expected a refund. Verizon POTS, the copper wire company, did this when I ported out. But VW only will offer a refund if you cancel BEFORE the port, which will void the port.

This after years of poor reception in my home so I could not even use all the minutes I paid for.

In addition I did not get a new phone for about 5 years so they kept collecting the cost of the new phone many times over.

I purchased 2 new Nexus 5 phones and went with a month to month service that uses ATT towers. I get decent reception in my home plus Internet plus messages for the cost of voice only from VW.

By to this forum.

Stu

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

I hear ya man.. I've just ordered a phone with ATT and hope to have it within a couple days.. We will be going to verizon shortly after to tell them where to stick it being they never bothered trying to help us with our problem after someone worked on a tower.. We had decent service, and when their 4G LTE came up in the area the 3g just freaking went to crap... WE called etc and they ultimately called us back and said it was "our" responsiblity to check the maps before becoming a customer.. To this day, their maps say we are well in the coverage area for 3g service.. 4g we are in the extended area.. Basically they didn't really check nothing and said to F off after being a customer for soo long.. Verizon can go sit on a log in a Forrest fire for all I care now.. I'm done with em..

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA
reply to stu

Sad part is the care reps cant do anything about it, its verizons crap policy. Im not an employee anymore so i can tell ya all about the fun (sarcasm) if you wanted. One lady almost got screwed $1021 on a bill for a verizon rep error. Another lady it took 3 months of promised callbacks before she got me and i put her plan back where it was before someone hijacked her online account (was on a 20 a month single line plan that got hijacked to share everything with 4 more lines), i could go on and on.

Saddest part is when i tried to make corporate aware, they seemed quite disinterested

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

Unfortunately any company that gets too big loses its soul it seems...

VZW_poor

@myvzw.com
reply to decifal

Same crap here in central Kentucky too. EVDO went (mostly) missing about a month ago and indoors 1X is it. Outdoors I can get a weak LTE signal that's much slower than what we got with EVDO. If I lock the MiFi on EVDO, signal strength goes rapidly up and down ranging between -64dbm to -117dbm to not available along with constant channel hopping. Everyone I know in the area with VZW is screwed up too. Don't figure it's worth a call since it's pretty clear they really don't care. ATT used to be beyond bad but a relative who's on ATT had rock solid service here on Thanksgiving. I still have a Motorola filp phone from ATT in my junk box and will try an ATT prepaid SIM to test reliability. May have no other choice than to switch.

atcotr

@rr.com

I stumbled upon that rule (no pro-rating of the final month) and got a little pissed about having to pay for a full month since I submitted the port out on the first billing day of the next month. It's an implicit hostage fee if you want to keep your number as per the FCC reg. But VZW never send me the bill for the one day month, so either they wised up or there was a fluke in enforcing their anti-consumer policies.

tdumaine
Premium
Seattle, WA

said by atcotr :

I stumbled upon that rule (no pro-rating of the final month) and got a little pissed about having to pay for a full month since I submitted the port out on the first billing day of the next month. It's an implicit hostage fee if you want to keep your number as per the FCC reg. But VZW never send me the bill for the one day month, so either they wised up or there was a fluke in enforcing their anti-consumer policies.

Id call them to confirm, they would have no problems sending even a 10 year customer to collections

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
reply to stu

So what's the take away here? Should I port out my number in the last couple days of my billing cycle?

tdumaine
Premium
Seattle, WA

said by drslash:

So what's the take away here? Should I port out my number in the last couple days of my billing cycle?

Yes unless you want to pay verizon a whole extra month for them doing nothing.