uniqs

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

[Flooring] How do I fix a small hole in hardwood floor?

I am sooo pissed off at my self, I dropped my iPad on the hardwood floor and now the hardwood floor has a small hole (the size of the iPad corner)..
How do I fix it?

Thanks in advance

NoHole
@rr.com

NoHole

Anon

Picture or it didn't happen.

IPad versus HARDWOOD floor does not = hole
CmmTch
join:2002-08-10
High Ridge, MO

CmmTch to SuperNet

to SuperNet
Ideally you get the same type of hardwood, use a plug cutter and cut yourself a plug of hardwood. Drill a hole in the floor the same diameter as the plug, apply a drop of glue to the plug, place it in the hole you drilled, sand it flush with the floor.

ITICharlie1
Ass Mode
Premium Member
join:2003-01-22
Saint Louis, MO

2 recommendations

ITICharlie1 to NoHole

Premium Member

to NoHole
Probably a ding, not a hole. You can try what I do to gun stocks when they get dinged. Take a wet rag and place over the ding. Take a hot iron over it and let it steam. This will steam the wood and raise the wood filling in the ding. Keep checking every 30 seconds. You will need to refinish that part of the floor.
CmmTch
High Ridge, MO

CmmTch to SuperNet

to SuperNet
said by SuperNet:

I dropped my iPad on the hardwood floor and now the hardwood floor has a small hole

A hole? Sounds like it would be more of a dent, regardless, still can be repaired the same way, see my post above for one way.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to ITICharlie1

Premium Member

to ITICharlie1
said by ITICharlie1:

Take a hot iron over it and let it steam. This will steam the wood and raise the wood filling in the ding. Keep checking every 30 seconds. You will need to refinish that part of the floor.

Clever, does that work with any kind of wood? Thinking of people with bamboo wood floors.
CmmTch
High Ridge, MO

CmmTch

It will work provided the dent isn't too deep or large, the wood absorbs moisture and swells. A small dent will fill in to be unnoticeable.

Jackorama
I Am Woman
Premium Member
join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

Jackorama to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Duct Tape.

ITICharlie1
Ass Mode
Premium Member