spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DrewCurtis
@pathcom.com

DrewCurtis

Anon

Bell is Greedy (and incompetent)

I signed up for bell Fibe 25/10 - first 3 months free, 3 months @ $33 and then $60 after that. They said they could save me $2 a month on my home phone as well, my bill went from $32 to $68 because they added a $30/mo long distance plan which I did not ask for.

Side Note:

Add to this, they included a $6.95 'network access' fee, which they told me they have to charge by law. For those who don't know, these 'network access fees' go to Bell and Rogers, not the government or other service providers. Bell and Rogers regularly collude with the CTRC to enact these fees to force their competition to increase the rates and maintain their margins. They recently lobbied the CTRC to force all ISPs to charge for overages - you'll see why later.

Back to the story:

Bell was having issues with their system on the day I ordered and as a result I ended up with two orders in the system. They installed my service and then tried to install it again. I later got a letter asking me to return the modem that I didn't get or they'd charge me $75. This was shortly followed by a bill for $157 in internet service for the second account. I called and got this straightened out...I thought. Two days later - while working - they cut my internet service, as both accounts were tied to a single data line, which was disconnected with the shut off order. I had to use my cell phone as a wireless hotspot for 2 days until my service was restored. When I complained about that I was told I wasn't paying for internet,

Next up, I get a bill for $90 in overages (not paying...my ass!). I found that I was also screwed for another month of overage (another $90) by the time this bill came. They offered me an unlimited plan for $30 a month which I gladly took. This was followed by another bill stating I still owed them $157 and that they would send it to collections if I didn't pay. Anyways...tons of yelling and swearing on the phone and I think I finally have it fixed. I was so pissed and frustrated that I decided to cancel my service, went back to my old independent DSL ISP for $420/year unlimited ($35/mo). The greedy *****s told me I had to give 30 days notice. I told them I would pay whatever it takes to get rid of them.

I was going to move my cable to Fibe ($120/month) and switch another cell phone ($30/month) on top of the Fibe internet ($60/mo). Quick math will show that I would have spent $210/month or $2500/year or $50000 over the next 20 years that I will NOT be spending with BELL. I also talked a friend of mine out of switching his TV and Internet (about $1000/$1500 per year.

BELL is GREEDY, Rogers is Arrogant. I encourage everyone to do what they can to get others to leave Bell. I plan to work tirelessly to reduce my revenue stream to Bell. I include Rogers because they are NOT an alternative, if you want to be treated fairly.