spc
Search similar:

uniqs

SadInIowa
@mchsi.com

SadInIowa

Anon

[IA] Need more upload speed.

Used to be that I would beg them for higher download speed. Now I have 105 and its overkill, I never use most of that. The problem is now I need higher upload speed. Besides the laptop and a few other normal device, I have 2 vonage devices, 3 security cams, 7 nest wifi fire alarms (cool teck) Wifi thermostat , 18 wifi controllers to control lights and other teck. and a few other things. 10 nbps is not
satisfactory for the connected home. hey Mediacom, please consider adding more upload speed please.More and more are going to have this problem as more get there homes connected to everything.

Anon27492
@mchsi.com

Anon27492

Anon

"Teck"? That hurts my brain.

I think 10 Mbps would be plenty for what you have listed. It's not about quantity. However, I will agree that more options would be more than welcomed.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Unfortunately at this time the 10Mbps is our highest upload offered. We are developing new systems that may contain even higher upload speeds as well as download speeds, but at this time I don't have many details on that. If you'd like to private message me with your account information I can make sure that you're at least getting good signal levels and such. Do you show full bandwidth when you run a speedtest?

SadInIowa
@mchsi.com

SadInIowa

Anon

Yes when everything is not connected I get about 10.6 mbps
SadInIowa

SadInIowa

Anon

Think of it this way. If they increase the upload to say 20 mbps, I might just go over 2000 gigs and then they can charge me more and make more $$$$
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to SadInIowa

to SadInIowa
Dont see how 10 up isnt enough for you..

I have a CCTV DVR system here, 8 cams at 30fps to my tablet and phone anywhere. Since upgrading to 105/10 i have been using the heck out of my new found upload speed. I have the cameras along with a couple media streams going out for some services as well as Plex for remote streaming of my media on my home server and at the same time i can be doing remote tech support and video teleconferencing...

From what you described you should be using less than me. Those smart home type devices your using only send data when your actively controlling each one. Your 2 Vonage devices probably use less than i do in a 1080p teleconference.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
chad you do know there not even bonding the upstream channels? If they bond those you could get well over 40 up just right there. Father in law signed up for comcast installed a 6121 and it was amazing it bonded to 4 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels. The tech is there mediacom is just to cheap to deploy it.

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios to kb0nly

to kb0nly
10mbps up is NOTHING
we need 50 OR MORE it insane that mediacom cant offer more then that with DOCSIS 3.0
pure money grab
SteveJobs
join:2012-07-18

SteveJobs

That's overkill.

Coming from DSL, 3 down, 0.8up...my 30/2 is much appreciated and it had given me many benefits!

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to GLIMMER

Premium Member

to GLIMMER
There would be a lot of work to go into that, and we aren't ignoring that but we are working through a number of things and that isn't at the forefront right now. The need for higher upload is something being addressed and we want to work to get that increased and hopefully we will as time goes on, just not something we are doing right this second.

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude to SadInIowa

to SadInIowa
Mediacom seems to be holding on to the ~10% of download speeds for uploads and I don't see the reason for it nowadays with DOCSIS 3. (Hell, 15/1 is LESS than 10%). I'm on Ultra50 and while 5 Mbps uploads my content faster, it can still be a painful wait when I can download said content in mere minutes. Bumping upload speeds to 20% is a start. 15/3, 30/6, 50/10, 100/20 would be a nice change & I'm sure most will agree.