antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

2 edits

antdude

Premium Member

Why did I get a paper mail about TWC Home Phone Backup Battery info?

It came with my monthly paper statement today. I don't even own digital phone service for my TWC service. Obviously, my paper statement bills doesn't show it. It was about a notice about battery. Did anyone else get one too without TWC's digital phone service?

Thank you in advance.

A Non Name
@rr.com

A Non Name

Anon

Please tell me they're not going to start charging a fee to "rent" the battery.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by A Non Name :

Please tell me they're not going to start charging a fee to "rent" the battery.

Nope, but don't give them any ideas!! Oh wait, I think we're too late!

It was just a notice about changing battery and its limited life especially during power outages. It still annoys me that TWC thinks I have a digital phone service which I don't and never had! Ugh!

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

1 recommendation

mixdup

Why would that be annoying? Just ignore it. Good grief, people get upset at the weirdest things.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

1 recommendation

antdude

Premium Member

said by mixdup:

Why would that be annoying? Just ignore it. Good grief, people get upset at the weirdest things.

Because TWC is incompetent sometimes. For an example last week, they added an appointment to come over when just ordering a cable HD box self-install kit.

mixdup
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

Did they actually show up?

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by mixdup:

Did they actually show up?

No, had to contact them to remove it after seeing it in the online account (it was a good thing I checked after ordering!). The outsourced gal couldn't answer the question why it was showing up. Also, it took a while to remove it. It was quite frustrating!

There have been previous random issues like:
1. No official words of recent price increases on snail mailed bills before they went up (only found out through this awesome forum) and after the next paper statement bill.
2. »www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· tes.html still shows old prices even after telling several TWC people about it.
3. Support being bad as always.
4. Etc.
Too bad TWC has cheapest broadband Internet service (no DSL [over 20K ft.] and FIOS in my neighborhoods) in my hilly cities. I would switch if possible.

mixdup
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to antdude

to antdude
So, they screw up some things and therefore everything that isn't executed 100% perfectly means they are totally incompetent? It was probably just cheaper and easier to put the phone adapter battery inserts in every bill instead of trying to work out the IT systems required to selectively insert the flyer.

And, like I said in the prior thread about that appointment, I'm willing to be no one would have ever shown up and that the "appointment" was simply how they put a note on your account for the local office to see when you pick up your box.

My point still stands. People get upset at the weirdest and most inconsequential things sometimes.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by mixdup:

... And, like I said in the prior thread about that appointment, I'm willing to be no one would have ever shown up and that the "appointment" was simply how they put a note on your account for the local office to see when you pick up your box.

My point still stands. People get upset at the weirdest and most inconsequential things sometimes.

No, the online web site said there was an appointment between morning PST to evening PM PST online on December 2nd, 2013. Also, subjected to charge if needed. The online web page never said anything about requiring technician coming over for a self-install cable HD box order and installation. I have print outs of these as proofs. If it wasn't for the local office, then why did it say that?

And yes, I am very picky and demandy.

ds5v50
join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

ds5v50 to antdude

to antdude
Now if you lived where I do and they sent out the replacement battery notices then I would be worried. They do not offer any battery backup in our area.

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
Did you have home phone at one time or have a arris tm502/tm602 modem?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to mixdup

Premium Member

to mixdup
said by mixdup:

And, like I said in the prior thread about that appointment, I'm willing to be no one would have ever shown up and that the "appointment" was simply how they put a note on your account for the local office to see when you pick up your box.

Thats my belief too...it was being pulled from the billing system.

Hob

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude to Jabbu

Premium Member

to Jabbu
said by Jabbu:

Did you have home phone at one time or have a arris tm502/tm602 modem?

Nope. Never had those before. Still using the same stuff for years.
antdude

antdude to hobgoblin

Premium Member

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

said by mixdup:

Thats my belief too...it was being pulled from the billing system.

If I never picked it up by the appointment date, then someone would show up? Since you work for TWC, can you please test that order?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by antdude:

If I never picked it up by the appointment date, then someone would show up? Since you work for TWC, can you please test that order?

No one would have shown up.

Hob

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

1 edit

antdude

Premium Member

said by hobgoblin:

said by antdude:

No one would have shown up.

Thanks. Hmm, interesting. Someone needs to fix it (texts?) because it is confusing.

My parents also got the paper letter too, but they have the digital phone service.
CJ777
join:2004-10-05
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777 to antdude

to antdude
I had to buy my own anyways. Paid around $17 for a new one (Arris 862) on eBay. TWC and elsewhere wanted $40+. Stupid they don't include it anymore, especially when getting raped by them every month for the ridiculous $6 modem fee...