Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Anon27492

Premium Member

to Anon27492

Re: [IA] Need more upload speed.

Unfortunately at this time the 10Mbps is our highest upload offered. We are developing new systems that may contain even higher upload speeds as well as download speeds, but at this time I don't have many details on that. If you'd like to private message me with your account information I can make sure that you're at least getting good signal levels and such. Do you show full bandwidth when you run a speedtest?

SadInIowa
@mchsi.com

SadInIowa

Anon

Yes when everything is not connected I get about 10.6 mbps
SadInIowa

SadInIowa

Anon

Think of it this way. If they increase the upload to say 20 mbps, I might just go over 2000 gigs and then they can charge me more and make more $$$$
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
chad you do know there not even bonding the upstream channels? If they bond those you could get well over 40 up just right there. Father in law signed up for comcast installed a 6121 and it was amazing it bonded to 4 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels. The tech is there mediacom is just to cheap to deploy it.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

There would be a lot of work to go into that, and we aren't ignoring that but we are working through a number of things and that isn't at the forefront right now. The need for higher upload is something being addressed and we want to work to get that increased and hopefully we will as time goes on, just not something we are doing right this second.