Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

Get lower cable bill

my grandpa only watches 3-5 channels and pays 88$ that (includes 3 boxes and taxes fees etc....) to watch them is there anyway to get the bill lower?

it also has to be non promo & no contract price ( money is not the issue he just does not want a "contract" or promo price )

he enjoys watching TCM which is on the Preferred TV tier.. and does not watch any of the other channels

he used to pay 18$ with Adelphia before for the same channels

Lets Steal ALL OF Your Money Cable took over.

388.88% Increase since 06..

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24

1 recommendation

I miss when Cable was actually that cheap. My bill has gone up over 500% since then

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX

3 recommendations

reply to Anonymous_
Luckily he has a choice and can disconnect. He could also reduce the number of boxes, or choose to watch other channels. Short of that, he's free to create his own cable company, negotiate Carriage rights, build the infrastructure and supply himself with whatever likes.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Anonymous_
I assume he is a senior citizen. See »www.timewarnercable.com/en/resid···ava.html for the details. Maybe that will help? He could tell TWC that he will switch to another TV provider to get cheaper prices? I have seen people do that.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

4 recommendations

reply to chamberc
said by chamberc:

Luckily he has a choice and can disconnect. He could also reduce the number of boxes, or choose to watch other channels. Short of that, he's free to create his own cable company, negotiate Carriage rights, build the infrastructure and supply himself with whatever likes.

We understand you enjoy paying so much for crap services that is okay. Not every single person is ok with that. Cheers

Satch

join:2009-11-25

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

my grandpa only watches 3-5 channels and pays 88$ that (includes 3 boxes and taxes fees etc....) to watch them is there anyway to get the bill lower?

it also has to be non promo & no contract price ( money is not the issue he just does not want a "contract" or promo price )

he enjoys watching TCM which is on the Preferred TV tier.. and does not watch any of the other channels

he used to pay 18$ with Adelphia before for the same channels

Lets Steal ALL OF Your Money Cable took over.

388.88% Increase since 06..

Any reason why he is not interested in a promotion or contract price? Often this is the best way to get costs down. Than at the end of the promotion or contract price, (about a year,) if a customer's account has been in good standing, I have found TWC to be very helpful in working out a new deal.

Customers will often have to bypass the first rep when you call to work out a new deal. Just say, "I really like (whatever shows you like) would I be able to keep the shows and packages I like at a more affordable rate?" The thing is, because the providers keep records of how often you call, you are only likely to get a new deal:

1.) Just before the old rate expires AND
2.) By being nice to the reps.

If you are calling like every month to lower your rate, they will pick up on that and will stop negotiating with you.

My recommendation would be to return those extra boxes. That would be a huge savings for your grandfather as well. INSIST ON GETTING A RECEIPT FOR ANY RETURNED EQUIPMENT. Keep it, and or make a copy of it for your records! You may need this as evidence if returned equipment charges keep showing up on your bill!

Satch

dragonman300

join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Time Warner Cable
·Dish Network
reply to Anonymous_
Why not swap all boxes for HD DTAs? One DTA is free for a year and each DTA cost $1 a month. He save more than $25 a month. And then get Senior Discount like AntDude mention above
--
Curious about Sprint improved 3G and growing 4G LTE network? Then check it out at www.s4gru.com

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

1 recommendation

reply to chamberc
said by chamberc:

There is no big deal, the OP is just looking for a way to lower his/her grandpa's bill, there is no need to be nasty about it. You are fine paying much but not all are like you.

todd141

join:2008-09-21
Dayton, OH
reply to chamberc
said by chamberc:

Simply amazing.....

antdude - I thank you very much because my mother (74 years old) is paying a ridiculous amount, and I had no idea about this senior citizen link. Thanks again.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 edits
reply to chamberc
said by chamberc:

Luckily he has a choice and can disconnect. He could also reduce the number of boxes,

system is moving to "all digital QAM encrypted " which would make any built in tuner useless. his tvs don't have cable cards.
Hes not poor of anything like that if that is what your saying
If I asked him for a 100$ he would give it to me.

It's the principal of the price increase which is in loan shark range..