spc
Search similar:

uniqs

machpost
join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC

machpost

[Other] [DC] New HD channels, plus a significant bill increase

Just a heads up: I looked at my November RCN statement online, and my bill is going up approximately $11/month. I'm not at all happy about this, but there was mention of ten new HD channels being added: beIN Sports, FXM, Fox Sports 2 (FX2), Reelz, DIY, Encore Action, Encore Suspense, Justice Central, Pets.tv and Comedy.tv. It also mentions that our Internet speeds should be doubling soon. This would explain all the rumors that 25mbps service would soon become 50mbps service.

artjohn
Premium Member
join:2000-11-17
Chevy Chase, MD

artjohn

Premium Member

Hi machpost!

The letter we received contained the same increase, but only mentions doubling upload speeds; but you may still be correct about coming download increases, as I don't see any new packages currently being sold in DC above 50 Mpbs download. Presumably, everyone will be moved up a speed tier with 110 Mbps down available for a $30.00 increase above the current 75 Mpbs. That's just guessing, I suppose we need to stay tuned.

machpost
Washington, DC

machpost

said by artjohn:

Hi machpost!

The letter we received contained the same increase, but only mentions doubling upload speeds; but you may still be correct about coming download increases, as I don't see any new packages currently being sold in DC above 50 Mpbs download. Presumably, everyone will be moved up a speed tier with 110 Mbps down available for a $30.00 increase above the current 75 Mpbs. That's just guessing, I suppose we need to stay tuned.

You are correct, my mistake. It only mentions doubling upload speeds.

I'm wondering if December 10th is the date that the new channels go live. That date is mentioned elsewhere in my bill as the day when Gol TV will no longer be available.

artjohn
Premium Member
join:2000-11-17
Chevy Chase, MD

artjohn

Premium Member

Yeah, but you were correct about the significant bill increase

And I agree that mid December could see the upgraded speed.

Be well,

A

machpost
Washington, DC

machpost

Does anyone have any information on when these channels will go live? Customer service says "very soon," but let's be honest, that could mean anything.
machpost

machpost

Just saw this in a crawl on the Weather Channel: beIN Sport launches tomorrow, 12/10, on channels 379 and 579 HD in DC.

msciresa
@rcn.com

msciresa

Anon

In Lehigh Valley too! My statement says the blaze hd but that was added in the summer, hope just a typo and bein sports is being added!
Dawk2013
join:2013-02-07
Easton, PA

Dawk2013

so we are getting more hd channels added in lehigh valley and being charged an extra 11 dollars a month ?
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

1 edit

Os to machpost

to machpost
Encore Suspense HD has not been added, according to RCN's website, but NatGeo Wild HD is also launching.

The same channels are launching in Boston, but they are also getting Great American Country HD.

Chicago is not getting Reelz Channel HD, but getting GAC HD.

Philadelphia is getting Encore Suspense HD, but not beIn Sport HD. The same goes for Lehigh Valley, but they're getting Reelz HD when Philly is not.

NY is getting the same 10 HD channels DC is getting.

msciresa
@rcn.com

msciresa

Anon

They are taking away goltv channel 444 in lehigh valley is bein sports going there, it said on statement blaze hd was being added but we already have it since the summer. Did they mean bein sports?

machpost
Washington, DC

machpost

A couple of the channels, 770 Comedy.TV HD and 771 Pets.TV HD, are not working.
jhlmsln
join:2005-05-01
Washington, DC

1 edit

jhlmsln to machpost

to machpost
What channel is ENCORE SUSPENSE HD on.
I can't find it

Thanks
jhl

Never mind, it has not been added.

machpost
Washington, DC

machpost

It also looks like Comedy.TV and Pets.TV may be part of the ridiculous $9.99/month HD Extended Pack. Neither of these channels are of much value.
mrmic
join:2010-01-31
Clifton Heights, PA

mrmic to machpost

to machpost
Can someone explain why people who live In the Philly area can't get BEIN Sports while the rest of RCN Viewers can ??

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

The Channel was not launched in P.A.
mrmic
Clifton Heights, PA

mrmic

Thanks for the reply RCNMAN I see FoxSports 2 in HD is on would you have an Idea if or when Be In will be launched ??? put in a request for that a while back since Fox Soccer was changed to FS1
quattrog
join:2009-03-20
Northampton, PA

quattrog to machpost

to machpost
I just noticed the new channels and logged in here as soon as I did as I knew I would get info here. And after reading, I opened my new bill and sure enough, "you have new channels and we've raised your bill"
I understand the programming costs are going up. But what really kills my bill is all the rental equipment charges. I have four tv's in the house. Each HD. I'm spending almost $60.00 a month just on rental fees. And remember, we're being forced into these rental fees with the fact that everything, even OTA channels, are now encrypted.

msciresa
@rcn.com

msciresa

Anon

Why didn't lehigh valley get bein sports?
mrmic
Clifton Heights, PA

mrmic

I am wondering the same thing seems like the rest of RCN viewers have it but for the people that live in PA just a guess on my part but maybe they are still negotiating on the terms and hopefully it will be available to us real soon

msciresa
@rcn.com

msciresa to rcnman

Anon

to rcnman
Why not!!!!!

Lexave
@myvzw.com

Lexave

Anon

Probably cause SeCTV doesn't carry it and in other markets where RCN competes with Comcast they carry it to be competitive.