Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

3 recommendations

chamberc to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_

Re: Get lower cable bill

Luckily he has a choice and can disconnect. He could also reduce the number of boxes, or choose to watch other channels. Short of that, he's free to create his own cable company, negotiate Carriage rights, build the infrastructure and supply himself with whatever likes.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

4 recommendations

patt2k

said by chamberc:

Luckily he has a choice and can disconnect. He could also reduce the number of boxes, or choose to watch other channels. Short of that, he's free to create his own cable company, negotiate Carriage rights, build the infrastructure and supply himself with whatever likes.

We understand you enjoy paying so much for crap services that is okay. Not every single person is ok with that. Cheers

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

1 recommendation

bluepoint to chamberc

to chamberc
said by chamberc:

There is no big deal, the OP is just looking for a way to lower his/her grandpa's bill, there is no need to be nasty about it. You are fine paying much but not all are like you.
todd141
join:2008-09-21
Dayton, OH

todd141 to chamberc

to chamberc
said by chamberc:

Simply amazing.....

antdude - I thank you very much because my mother (74 years old) is paying a ridiculous amount, and I had no idea about this senior citizen link. Thanks again.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

2 edits

Anonymous_ to chamberc

Premium Member

to chamberc
said by chamberc:

Luckily he has a choice and can disconnect. He could also reduce the number of boxes,

system is moving to "all digital QAM encrypted " which would make any built in tuner useless. his tvs don't have cable cards.
Hes not poor of anything like that if that is what your saying
If I asked him for a 100$ he would give it to me.

It's the principal of the price increase which is in loan shark range..