share rss forum feed

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1

$700 PS4?

Umm... Why when it's sold elsewhere for $400?
»www.rakuten.com/prod/sony-playst···710.html

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21

Is it back on store shelves? I haven't seen it anywhere locally.

Not that I'd pay more than $400 for it, regardless.
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to onebadmofo

Because some idiots will pay it. If they can get just a couple of people to pay $700, they've had a pretty good day.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to onebadmofo

This kind of thing happens when a new console comes out. People will flock to the stores to buy the latest console, and then try to resell it for a profit to those looking to buy.

The best story I have was when the PS3 came out, our local CompUSA was running a promotion where you could buy a PS3 on launch day if you bought a 40 inch or larger LCD TV. These LCDs were about $700. I bought one and bought a PS3 as well. I then sold the PS3 for double what I paid for it, which brought the LCD down in price to where they are today. I am still using that LCD.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
reply to onebadmofo

the ps4 is a bit difficult to get, some people are prepared to pay a couple of hundred more to put something under the christmas tree and move onto other things on the xmas to-do list?

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
reply to onebadmofo

That PS4 is being sold by an independent re-seller. They are just doing the same thing that is happening on eBay and craigslist. I flipped an Xbox One and made $100 in profit.

Jehu
Hodor
Premium
join:2002-09-13
MA
kudos:2
reply to onebadmofo

Console scalpers enabled by cash transactions. Happens every rollout, never understood why they don't remedy this by requiring credit-card only purchases. On the other hand if you're planning on buying one, pre-order dammit

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
reply to onebadmofo

Yikes wish I would've known, I could've bought too. I thought with the presales and the fact that the Sony store I went to didn't sell out (I bought one without preordering) it wasn't worth it to resell.

;(
--
dslreports.com

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA

1 recommendation

reply to ilikeme

said by ilikeme:

That PS4 is being sold by an independent re-seller. They are just doing the same thing that is happening on eBay and craigslist. I flipped an Xbox One and made $100 in profit.

Ah ok. See, I didn't know that store was a reseller. I just figured they were some shady company that regularly rips people off. Wait...looking at some of the other prices on that site, they are exactly that.
--
Insert thoughtful/witty/meaningful/poetic/funny/deep/rude/stupid/random/comment here.
Be unique...ya know, like everyone else.

MystBlade
Premium
join:2002-10-21
Lacey, WA
reply to onebadmofo

The going price right is around 600 so people know this and wait in line at stores to turn a quick profit. Sad but most people who stand in the lines only want to resell it
--
[url=http://www.zetbit.com/][img]»www.zetbit.com/sig-1489863.jpg[/img][/url]

BuckarooB
Beware Lectroids from PlanetX
Premium
join:2001-10-27
Cloverdale, VA
reply to onebadmofo

capitalism... supply and demand....

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to onebadmofo

That's not TOO bad. I remember seeing lots of PS3s on eBay right after launch that were well above $1,000.
--
KI6RIT