spc
Search similar:

uniqs

totopo
@megared.net.mx

totopo

Anon

xbox one Problems

i got an xbox one last week and im having problems connecting to xbox live ( i can connect but i can not play multiplaer ) i've try everything (dmz, opened nat ) and it works for a while but then after a while ( 1 day ) i have to reset the modem and do all over again, sometimes it work and sometines it doesnt, and when i do a direct connection ( modem , xbox ) it works perfectly , icalled my ISP and they said i have to change to a static IP, but if this were the case i wouldnt be able to play with the direct connection right?

How do i fixed this?
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

Too little information to really help you out OP.

a) you are aware of the ports that XBOX needs opened on your end, right? If not, here they are again

Corollary of this would be to use something like GRC Shields Up to test whether the above port(s) are open and
listening from the outside or not.

b) what equipment is present -- you mentioned a "modem." What make / model? Who is the ISP? Cable/DSL? Any
equipment behind the "modem"?

c) when / why do you have to reset the modem? Is it related directly with your XBOX issues? Or something else?

My inital thoughts.

Regards
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

1 edit

tomdlgns

Premium Member

a- you don't need to open ports, but in some cases you will have to open them (depends on your hardware/upnp).

i run a pfsense box, i don't open any ports for xbox and my nat is listed as open on xbox live.

when i was running a zywall firewall, my nat was not listed as open until i opened some ports on the zywall.